ZBrushCentral

How To Part Iii

thinking in a ZBrush Tools Tutorial Library like show in the image below,
i have made the button for each tool, but i want divide the tools with colors

1. group: the first 16 tools that added or sustracted pixol in one color
  2. group: the second 16 tools that modified the pixol already in the canvas, other color
    3.-the last 16 tools, the gemotry tools, in another color
    Question: is there a practical way to put color not individually but group tools? to allow easy and quickcly identification?
    Thanks in advance
    Andreseloy
    HOW TO PART III.jpg
    not shown all the tools¡

I found that with [PD] i can separated the tools group but with the same colors.
exploring…
HOW TO PART IV.jpg

but still i dont know how to put in each group different colors.
Andreseloy

hi

can you load a image…say a blank red image then load the button ontop of the image? Not sure if you can do that but am thinking its possible. since you can place the buttons where ya want.

I thought that the only way to color buttons differently was to give each an image:

[IButton,“Text”,“PopUp Text”,
…commands…
,image.psd]

Hey Andre,

The color of ZScript buttons can only be a single uniform color defined by setting [PREFERENCES:IColors:ZButton]

Some scripters get around this by creating and inserting unique button images for EACH and ALL buttons. But that turns out to be a lot of work.

Another command pair that some scripters use is the SectionBegin and SectionEnd commands which expand and contract, revealing all the buttons within a section.

You might use SECTIONS to group all buttons you wanted blue under one section button and all the buttons you intended to be yellow under another section button. Their colors won’t change but the user can view them, one group at a time.

The Section command also saves button space in the ZScript window.

Take a look at some of Cameyo’s scripts. He uses Sections a lot to hide/reveal documentation.

Here is a super simple script showing how to setup the button group sections.

// example using SectionBegin/SectionEnd

// section with button set one

[SectionBegin,"button group 1",0,"This is group1 popup help"]
[IButton,"button 1",
]
[IButton,"button 2",
]
[SectionEnd]

[PD]

// section with button set two

[SectionBegin,"button group 2",0,"This is group2 popup help"]
[IButton,"button 3",
]
[IButton,"button 4",
]
[SectionEnd]

Sven

Thanks Sven:
sven help.jpg

Andreseloy

Great! Looks like a very ambitious project. One huge tutorial? Should be useful to all future new ZBrushers…

Sven

That idea has grow working with aminuts in this Newbie Challenge Project, to make sure that the very basic is understand and clear from the beginning… of course this have raised the need to open the"blackroom" of the zscript:D and with the gently help of guys like and others like you we are in the first step of the (we hope that, and that stimulated us)very ambitiuos and helpfull project.
Thanks again and feel free to suggest whatever you think will to this purpose¡
Andreseloy