ZBrushCentral

the Official Almost Monday NC 3/30-4/5

AMNC---LOWPOLY.jpg

Hi everybody! Thanks to those of you who contributed such great stuff in the last challenge…hope you had some fun creating those alphas.

This challenge is going to be for ZBrush only work.

I thought that for this challenge we could exercise our zbrush skills and help out new folks by creating some low poly models to experiment with. So our theme this week is…you guessed it…Low Poly Models.

#1. Zbrush only please…see further rules for reason why.

#2. I would like you to create a zscript if possible of your creating that low poly model. If you cannot create the zscript Please post Timelapse made with Pixolator’s Timelapse script and post the model itself.

#3. Subject matter could be anything…a head, body, animal, mineral, dinner, your old shoes…whatever floats your boat that you think might be useful!!

#4. You could texture it up and take it all the way home if you like but it’s not necessary.

#5. Please post the script or the timelapse with model and a pic of your model in action. If you are posting either a script or the model…Please include your nick in the filename so that folks may give you credit if they use it somewhere down the line!!!

Remember these challenges are open to anyone and everyone so …show us your new skills, newbies and you old timers out there…show us your stuff!!!

This challenges is for fun and kudo’s only. Pixologic has nothing to do with it other than allowing us to enjoy and abuse their program to death and host our fun here on their forums. Remember to give them a big thank you now and then for such a cool program!!!

Have fun!

just making it visible.

…mondays challenges have you charted ? :smiley:
At each time a cool idea! :cool:
Pilou

total “low polygon” count?

Thanks Frenchy!

I wish we could get more to participate!

Volk…good question…Here’s my thinking on this…

I would like to keep it low enuf that someone with little memory would be able to subd it several times without taxing too much memory…So they can test those features and still be able to work with it…

so I will leave that up to you the poster to decide.

I will do my best to participate and contribute something useful to this one!

Cool, Thanks Jason!!!

That would be a big help!!!

Here is my start. I actually have 3 on the go at the same time. Thank you. thank you, applause is always welcome. :stuck_out_tongue:

OK - so I left everything at the default subdivision 2. He is still a Zsphere character!

Everything done with Zspheres, and magnets! I pulled a few ear polys and cheek polys along with the lips but with a big brush just enhance the effect.

I think I can get a lot more detail out of him before any real work (He is pefect for toon work). He should also animate quite well, I did a few Zsphere tests, quite cool. We’ll see later if I can drop him in Motion Builder before this is all over.

The floating things barely noticeable in the background are his eyes - neat Zsphere trick.

Oh yeah, and the little fellow…

Attachments

RGBGrab01.jpg

woohoo…cool, Thanks Jason!!

Ok I promise to get something up this weekend, even if my better half wants to kill me for spending too much time on Z! Like there can be such a thing…ha!!

My better half says, 'You better be making money…!". Shhhhhhh!
:stuck_out_tongue:

I tried my hand at a -very- low poly devil head. :stuck_out_tongue: …don’t laugh. :lol:

Attachments

low_poly_devil_pnoland.jpg

Great start pnoland!

:smiley:
ORIGAMY05.JPG

Attachments

ORIGAMY02.JPG

ORIGAMY03.JPG

ORIGAMY04.JPG

well here goes nuttin…

4AMNC01.jpg

the fella on the left i just did kinda quick and forgot to save the zscript…the fella on the right is an old one I never had time to finish playing with.

Neither are very pretty and probably not to useful but here they are. will try to do something a little better later.

great idea Jotajota !!!
I like Origami :D:+1:

Hey, great work everyone. Reminds me of this thread from way back.

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=9904

Some of this old stuff still screams ‘Cool!’

Very cool idea, Jotajota!!! I like it!!

:smiley: :sunglasses: :+1:

Quick & Low
PattonZ-man-small.jpg

OK, here is the 2nd character that I was working on. Same as my earlier post, nothing at all done to him - yet!

a4.jpg

Attachments

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a5.jpg