ZBrushCentral

zscript suggestion to improve the place where the object are put in

To the zscripter what you think about a tool like digits or sven or tveyes or marcus, that improve the facilitie to work with the MM.
Let me know your opinion, this is an idea of the workflow
Andreseloy

ps: this is based in the difficulties i found to place easily the object with MM.

Attachments

zscript suggestion.jpg

Could you explain a little bit more? I don’t want something to not get the attention it deserves because someone doesn’t quite get it.

Are you saying that you want to make specific buttons control individual zspheres? Please explain some more.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

It looks like Andreseloy is looking for a way to number each mm item, then be able to use a numerical editor for each to place it exactly. so for a quick body for example…

the mm for the head would be 1, the torso 2, left arm 3 etc etc. he could then click on 3 and move it in the editor if it doesn’t quite look right then readjust number 5 too.

Now let’s say he want’s to mm a ring for an earring or bracelet but decided he wants 4 bracelets or more added to his mm object, he wants a way to use say number 6 copy and move it to a new spot with the numerical editor and add it to the muti-marked tool. or say copy the head and move it to the side of the first and multimark it in with the rest.

Not sure if he wants to keep it at say 6 items and reuse them or if that’s possible without creating a new mm item to add to the list.

Good idea, Andreseloy. .i think a way to name the item instead of number it would be better so if you come back to it much later you won’t have to move each one to remember how they were numbered.

Andreseloy will pop in if I got it wrong but that is my take on what he is looking for.

aminuts,
I think you’ve got it about right but hopefully andreseloy will pop in with more info. It’s a great idea and deserves some thought - when someone has the time. :slight_smile:

marcus…what I wouldn’t give to be at home right now reading the newly posted script info all printed out neat and tidy.

specially after reading Tveyes interesting info about the dll’s as it seems to fall in line with an idea I had but have no time for, for at least another month…ughhh let’s hope its a month anyway.

I do like the idea though. Could be a great idea for creating larger scenes without baking and building so many layers to get things together and looking good too.

Offhand, I don’t think this script is easily done with MultiMarkers. I have suggested in the past to Pixologic that a good wish feature would be that you could access the Multimarker info from Script.

You could try writing a script that would Map each Marker by pressing it once and it would record the position that you clicked and what tool it was associated with. However you would have to work out details about how the part was scaled etc… but I think it could be done. The big problem is that if parts are moved or re-orientated then you would have to remap the whole thing again.

1.-Excuse me Chris that i was not explicit enought
2.-Thanks aminuts you have interpreted in right way the idea.
3.-Digits I suppose that Pixologic have not seen this suggestion until know or consider is not important or viable(what ever reason),
but… i think you can do a zscript that allow to mark different object and to put each one in a prefixed plane where you want to put the object.
4.-Then you can store different configuration til you are good with… then make polimesh.
5.-also you can make a perspective grid like freehand have. Time ago i suggest to Big Mike to make a modification of his grid zscript to incorporate the perspective grid like freehand but never make it.
6.-In that grid you can set the coordenates where you want to put the object.
the purpose as like aminuts clearly say that allow to have a map of where are the parts or b¡oject or where you want it.
Excuse me english…to me is very reiterative my poor library english¡
Andreseloy

I was relooking the Moldy 2 from Sven, and it has most of the items i have thinking about MM ¡¡¡ i missed this very import tool update¡¡¡…
Probably if Sven can add a perspective grid where you can put exactly your object (yes, i know you can use the info xyz from the transform panel) and not only set the main object reference but also the main axis reference.
Thanks and apologize me that i did not read carefully this wonderful tool update¡
Andreseloy