ZBrushCentral

the Final Piece - image series

Hi Zbrushers -

I’ve started a new series called the “Final Piece”.
All elements will be created and rendered in Zbrush. Compositing and color correcting is finished in PS.
Starting from an original scene, I will change and add to to create new images.
I will update all new images in the series in this thread. Could be a bit of fun for me.

If you would like to see the Zbrush document I started from, you can download the zip file here (16.7 megs) MEATS_robot.zip
Feel free to adjust or add to the scene and post the images here.
The original scene was 4096 pixols high, I had to scale this one to 1500 pixols high to make it uploadable…<<<EDIT - I updated the scene to have two seperate layers, the robot and the background. It will make it much easier to mess around with>

I am starting this series with an image I call the Processor:
[]

High resolution version available <HERE>

A few close-ups:
[]

[]

edit>> forgot black and white version (which I like) BLACK & WHITEprocessor_color.jpgprocessor_close_1.jpgprocessor_close_2.jpg

1 Like

Fire-bot -

Just messing around with different ideas on this one:
fire_bot.jpg

Cool-bot -

Just purging a few early ideas on this series, the next ones will drastically change the geometry, etc. not just adjust colors and paint in elements:
cool_bot.jpg

Good feel to this one Meat’s. Looks like Robbie the robot on acid.

Top row as usual

Congrats :+1:

Hey man, you do everytime amazing work:+1:
I’ll waiting for your DVD (sigh, is a never ending story)to learn from you
bye
Leo

hi meats u’ve deliver inspiring images every time and i love ur work :+1:
i’ve bought ur gnomon video and enjoyed watching them. Hope u can have the next advanced video soon then i can learn more from u about the techniques.:wink:

Impressionant of details! It is really swarming of small details.
I prefer the picture with flashes of lighting, and brain. It looks like a little Frankenstein of time future.
I have some questions:

• It is completely realized with Zbrush? With Zphères?

• How long has you needed to realize the scene ?

Good work, And soon has in DVDs Gnomon. :wink:

Keeping busy Meats??? Excellent work as usual, keep 'em coming, I now have a Meats file on my hard drive, very inspirational…:smiley:

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Meats you are an inspiration-your images are a cut above-what a pleasure to view.

Another beaut!..and a free gift to boot,
Awesome!

I can’t wait to play.

Thanks Meats.

Hi Meats… You’ve done it again :)… great concept… must say i really like the blue version… i’ll be looking foreward to see your next move … amazing as always…and thx for the gift… gretz from andy
p.s. copenhagen er very cold now :slight_smile:

…that you play with great pleasure with the capabilities of Zb! :sunglasses:
Pilou

This robot’s very beautiful I love it. It’s such an excellent piece of art.

Yong

These are, of course, fantastic. I loaded the zbr file and did a best render which took a bit of time. I am working on a laptop with a 2.4 GHz processor and 256 MB of ram. Although you probably didn’t do alot of best renders along the way you must have done a few to fine tune your image. What type of computer/processor/RAM do you use with Zbrush and roughly how long does it take to do a best render?

good.

whoa man. Don’t get me wrong, the your other zbrush works have been, both, complex and cool, but these are just in a league of their own!

i’m sitting here blown away.

random sidenote: wasn’t there a thread somewhere highlighting what renderpasses you usually do, and what specifically you’re trying to capture on each pass? I love your results and I think it’d be best to do a multipass render with my current zbrush scene in progress for the final image.

Meats…what can i say that’s not said already…what a great picture and your materials & lighting are perfect !
I will download your file as fast as my poor telephone-modem can handle !
Are all these forms you made Ztools and “Alpha’s-make 3D” …got any secrets to tell or is it “just” hard work ,talent and buy the DVD ? :smiley:
I would love to see a Zscript from you !

jantim

I think I like the first one the most but they all look very good.

Thanks for the .zbr, will definitely check it out.