ZBrushCentral

Monstermaker's old man Now with free skin tex alphas

Hi again,
I haven’t been able to ZBrush as much lately. Life has gotten in the way. I did manage to do this portrait of my father. Jim Mc Pherson’s old guy inspired me. I plan on painting him, but won’t be able to get to it for a while so I thought I would post him now 2oldmen .jpgoldman1.5.jpg

5 Likes

holy crap thats some good stuff.

better slow down though, I dont think there is anything after, kicking ass, AND taking names.:smiley:

I dunno what to say… :open_mouth:

stunned…
amazing work! and thats even too less said…

congrats!

greets
froyd

:grimacing: :grimacing: awesome:+1:
keep up the good work:+1: :+1:

This one is… , don’t know what to say , too good!!
You are the greatest inspiration for me.
Can’t wait to see when it is painted . :+1: :+1: :+1:

Good Job !

Wow, Really nice shapes and texturing. You’ve become quite the 3D master in a short amount of time. Give us more.

Dude… that’s beautiful. And its asymmetrical; did you start out with symmetry or paint the two sides completely independently? Is the base mesh zspheres? Did you use many custom texture brushes?

Greg,
Hey thanks man for noticing the asymmetry. I started out semmetrical got the forms blocked in then switched to one side at a time. I started out with a generic head model a friend gave me, the same one I used for my ape guy. I made a bunch of custom alphas and started the texture with them but ended up mostly using the simple brush with alpha 36, I believe and basically re did everything. Most of the texturing was in projection master but I also did a lot out of projection master. I use the move tool a lot. Glad you like it

What a beautiful tribute to your father, great modeling, great expression and pose. I envy your sculpting skills.

Congratulations on this fine piece of artwork

Bill

Fantastic!! great job.

Man I wish I had 1/100th of your natural talent!!:smiley:

Only thing that bugs me is the bags under his eyes…not sure if that’s a lighting thing or what but am quite sure once you color him up all will be painfully perfect and I will be jealous forever!!

Quite the inspiration am glad you joined us!

This head is just stunning! very impressive and detailed beyond belief :slight_smile: now i’m not gonna overuse all the superlatives here but i have to say it’s one of the craziest details i’ve seen in a ZB2 mesh on the forum in a long time :slight_smile: i’m curious to how many polygons this head really contains, it must be in the multiple of milllions… you deserve a spot on the top row for this one! :smiley:

/ Max

your ZArts always make me say “WOOOOW” very nice…

Yong

This is really so good I can’t quite grasp it!

You have a wonderful talent - well done and a great tribute to your father. :wink:

That I should be so lucky to be able to sculpt like that!

Cheers!
:wink:

I am green with envy! Serious, this is absolutely fantastic :+1: :+1: :+1:
I wish I could model like that :cry: But I can - in 20 years time :laughing:

This is real inspiration! 5 Stars.

I think the black & white is making this a very strong portrait !
Great work, i hope that you can spend more time Zbrushing soon :+1:

jantim

Super!

I have the feeling that the eye poches are a bit too big, and the under neck middle wrinkles looks a bit strong, in opposite of the eye poches that looks too smooth, but I think you copy a photo, so it must be like that in reality…
Awsome…

Ah! Monstermaker, do you work in 3d, or special fx or something like that?

Glad to have been a inspiration. Really like the varations in the textures!

Hi… I go with Jantim, Black and white…gives the face a feeling about life…

And if you watch the little thumbnail in the upper row , the contrast is amazing,
so my suggestion is to stay with B/W … :slight_smile: gretz from Andy