ZBrushCentral

ZSpeed Session: Feet & Hands

[![ZSS-Hands-and-feet.jpg|535x290](upload://mBBvmYM27rgKKBIorXZbFodw3A1.jpeg)]

So our [last ZSpeed Session](http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=23481) is just awesome. To be able to actually see people improve with what others are sharing is absolutely wonderful!

To continue with the learning experience and keep the fun and excitement going, we are going to ZSpeed Session something a but harder this time. Feet & Hands. Try and do it up well too. Nails, skin wrinkles…you know what I mean.

So, the object here is simple:

</span>      :large_orange_diamond: 1 to 3 hours for completion of the theme. 

:large_orange_diamond: Post wires (at least the low res) and different views of the model and don't forget to tell us how long it took. Don't include load and render times.

:large_orange_diamond: The only other rule is all Z native work.

</span>     I would like to encourage the recording and sharing of zscripts. Its not required but I stress its use for two reasons: It's there anyway, why not use them and also because it is a valuable tool to teach process, technique, and provide inspiration. Plus, with Pix's new [ZTime Lapse Plugin](http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showpost.php?p=190280&postcount=1), its even easier to show progress.

Also, if you have the time or are feeling slick, you can texture it and finish up. I promise, we won’t complain. But, finishing really isn’t required. This is good for those who want to do something but don’t have alot of free time. This is also good for those who don’t want to miss adult swim and want to make sure their couch doesn’t float to the ceiling. Blast them floating couches! If it wasn’t for them, I would get more work done…;):stuck_out_tongue:

Last but not least. It never ends. Thats right. It is a continuous challenge. This allows for new users to come and have fun in an older theme plus you can also come back and try again to see your own progress and attempt to best your previous session.

Need a tool to help you time yourself?
        [ZTime Lapse Plugin](http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showpost.php?p=190280&postcount=1) is the way to go too! Thanks a million Pix!

Okay yall, enjoy and have fun ZBrushing!      

Nice! I like to see the solution from other Znuts. See the tread.
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=23612

NOTE: This was not made from ZSpheres, and this is my first ever attempt at a foot.
This took me exactly 27 minutes with rendering time
Feet.jpg

Hey:)

it took more than 3 hours to sculpt that hand - i am
not that fast… 121 welcome!

handz.jpg

Cool man, except look at the thumb. it connects to the cylinder.

35 minutes…zif placement …knuckles hate me…but I wanted to try something different int he creation taht I normally dont do…and I am sure others have done and definitely better…but while in edit/preview mode I opened the deformations pallette and gave it a bit of Gravity to put a little more natural curve to the palm…fun as always…
here is the script
( I only modeled one nail to show a way to do it with masking)
and the image…
ron

[attach=5917]1handchallengeJ.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

1handchallengeJ.jpg

I made a hand in one hour. But… after controling the script I saw a kind of Frankenstein hand growing. I think my Mac also likes ZBrush, but it has to learn a lot. I throw away the script, hit the Mac and said something to S. Jobs. Nothing can be wrong with ZBrush :slight_smile:
The hand was made from a blok with edgeloops.

[attach=5962]hands.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

hands.jpg

well Bas, dunno what happened to the 2nd hand…(pardon the pun) but that top row looks superb…I have had some of my scripts…well alot of my scripts go bonkers like that and produce somethign totally alien to the original session…would love to hear more about the technique in creating your top row hand though…looks dang good to me.
ron

My Hands Final.jpg

Andreseloy

Attachments

ZTimeLapseImage My Hands Final.jpg

Ron, you can get the script. I did not empty the trash. The start of the script gives a clear view how the hand was made.
http://web.inter.nl.net/users/bmazur/hand.zip

Andreseloy, the intension of this speedsession is making hands and feet.
Not Venezuelan cactus with yellow flowers :stuck_out_tongue:
But I like your neverending devotion at this great forum!

:+1:
Andreseloy

Just curious, did anybody like my first attempt at feet?

Dear Twiggy, I love your feet!

I will say this Twiggy, yer feet attempt are superbly better than the first feet I ever made…and honestly off all the postings I have seen in and out of this challenge…no feet have been photo realistic …I think feet are the hardest…hands you can model and end up believeable enough, and there have been a ton of successes with those…but feet…though they have been good ones modeled…and I am talkign human feet and hands…there have been no stupendous feet modeled to date in my honest opinion…especially mine…I always end up with ape feet…

with all that said, Ed the Atom once told me to go for form rather than the details of the feet…and that at this time might be the best way to go in Z…you get a good form and then your are not tied down to 8 trillion polys trying to make a photorealistic foot…

this is still a fun challenge…though I prefer doing heads :slight_smile: Guess that is what makes this a challenge.

ron

edit ps…

one thing I will say is that you have to get that base model pushed and pulled on and your spheres in the right place…so you get that natural look and a somewhat clean mesh…when you do a base hand and then start modeling on top of it with zadd and zsub that is when you really get that doughy clay look…the same is true for head modeling as well…Mentat and Slosh once gave me advice that thrust my work a bit forward and that was to model for a while just using push and pulling on the mesh…Lord, were they right…difference between night and day …and when using zadd and zsub, I try to use Pixolator’s tut advice…use very low settings in the add and sub…tht way the buildup is more natural…hope this helps you Twiggy and any others that may be perplexed at times at the difference in the way models look and are created…I am no expert by any means…and I am sure there are tons more advice to be offered in these areas…this is simply my view on it…hope it helps…

ron

HEEEE! Where are the feet and the hands??? Too difficult?
Give it a try!!

novice here.

ugly hand, but you should of seen the 1st one i made.

Attachments

hand1.jpg

1h 46min:

hands.jpg

My attempt
[handtest.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘7261’,‘handtest.jpg’,1,0))

just verified the proportion of the “pulgar”, from the root to the end is out proportions related the other ¡very well done fingers¡
Keep on…
Andreseloy