ZBrushCentral

Praying for future ZScript Builder

Any chance of a WYSIWYG type of ZScript builder?
Would come in handy for building NoteIButton style windows with zmv.
Gets frustrating to fix, load, test, switch to notepad, fix, load, test, switch to notepad, fix, load, test, switch to notepad,…etc.
Would also like this to make ZHelp-like windows and interface items.

Even if it is far future…would be an excellent tool.

Hi MTB,
This is a great idea. I had thought of what might be possible with Note writing but have yet to try anything…

hahaa Actually I have been playing with the idea in my head. Far back in my head lately since work is insane but had the idea to do one up in vb. But as sweet as the idea is…what an undertaking. I can envision my doing a simple one for myself but to make it universal, and include everything wow. I overwhelm myself just thinking about it.

Having said that tho…someone used to coding on a daily basis could probably whip one up rather quickly.

the sdk that was promised a while back would go along way towards accomplishing this tho.

we can only hope it arrives after next release i reckon.

Hi MTB,

So you’re taking on ZScripting, huh? COOL!

While waiting for that super-editor, I suggest creating some template files for generic INoteButton layouts. Then, when you want to setup a specific new set of notes, just edit the template or cut-and-paste as needed.

Another possibility to consider is standardized subroutines - remember you can pass up to 10 variables with any RoutineCall.

One other thing is (depending on your scripting style) the <zscriptinsert,filename.txt> command which could be used for mixing and matching existing code modules. This can be a great way to access standardized subroutines, too.

Sven

well, unfortunatel I know little to nothing about code/javascripts and the like.
See I am a dabbler so stuff like else if and var and subroutines sounds greak to me…hence the WYSIWYG. :o