ZBrushCentral

ZScript Command Reference

zs_coderef2_title.gif

Calling all ZScript authors! Here it is! The newest ZScript Command Reference is now available, including everything that’s new in ZBrush 2.

This comprehensive reference lists all ZScript commands, along with their complete syntax, variables, and example of use. They are broken down by function category, and also color coded to help identify what level each can be used at.

It is also hyperlinked, so that when reading about one command you can quickly jump to related sections of the page. An index of all commands is at the bottom.

We will be posting more info about ZScripting as we are able to do so. This should give you a good place to begin, though!

Happy ZScripting!

… nothing to clic on the image ?
Where is the list ? :rolleyes:
Pilou

This is great. Good to see all the new commands updated with nice juicy info. I hope this can bring in some more zscript authors.

Here I was all set to edit my screen grab scans…and viola the master list is here!! color coded etc etc!! woo hoo!

Thanks guys!!

This might be of interest to me, as long as it does not lag my artwork behind.

It seems simple enough to tackle. 180+ commands to try and harness. I’m guessing if you know all those commands, you know Z-brush from the inside out:qu:

OMG - THANK YOU!
Dances

Great! Thanks for the hard work that went into this. It’s much appreciated.

Kewl! Thanks guys, lots of nuggets there. Especially this one on ZsphereGet

Property 11 returns the index of a child of the ZSphere queried. ZSphere index is the index of the one queried, and 2nd ZSphere index is the number of the child starting with 0. For example, [ZSphereGet,11,24,0] returns the index of the first child of the ZSphere with index 24, and [ZSphereGet,11,24,2] returns the index of its 3rd child.

Is this a new feature with 2.0? You wouldn’t believe what I had to write to transvere a zsphere tree, this makes it alot easier.

In the print out from Zbrush it defines the Interpolate function as

[Interpolate,
Time (0=AtStart 0.5=half 1=AtEnd) ,
Value1 (Num, VarName or ListName),
Value2 (Num, VarName or ListName),
Value3 (Num, VarName or ListName),
Value4 (Num, VarName or ListName),
Angle interpolation (0=no(default), 1=yes )]
Performs time-based interpolation

Output: Interpolated value or list
In the New Reference Doc it does not mention the Angle Interpolation Parameter, I was interested in
knowing how that works.

Looking forward to the new goodies with the next version.

Man there are tons of possibilities.

Oh yeah, is there an editor out there (preferably free) which can display all these variable but with a colored syntax (unlike notepad). I REALLY helps me learn. I know I could use ZBrush but I want one externally. Also, I want to know how to, once the ZScript is loaded, expand the zcsipt window (tutorial view) to max. Thanks BTW..learning this is wicked fun..thank you guys so much! Can't wait for more.

I found something though. In the explanation of some items (like IButton)
Shoudn’t there be “” in this explanation string just like an actual zscript line or is there something in the nature of text in this and other elements that it is a given and understood that quotes belong there?

IButton* [IButton,Button Text,"Popup info Text",Commands group to execute when button is pressed,Initially Disabled? (0=Enabled(ByDefault) NonZero=Disabled),Button width in pixels (0=AutoWidth NonZero=Specified width),Optional HotKey]

Mahlikus The Black: For a text editor that colors the code you might consider TextPad or UltraEdit. ULtraEdit is the better of the two but not free. Check out this colored syntax thread .

On quotes “”, you don’t always need them but there’s no harm in putting them in. When you are writing a string which has spaces you’ve got to use them.

HTH,

The long-awaited reference update has arrived! I especially like the embedded hypertext linking and linked index at the end. This is going to be very helpful!

One suggestion I have is to offer this as an Acrobat file for downloading so people can use it off line.

One correction: The IButton command is incomplete (I think Rev A had the same problem.) The yellow below is the missing info.

[IButton,Button Text,Popup info Text,Commands group to execute when button is pressed,Initially Disabled? (0=Enabled(ByDefault) NonZero=Disabled),Button width in pixels (0=AutoWidth NonZero=Specified width),Optional hotkey,Optional button icon (.psd .bmp + .pct for Mac Systems),Button height in pixels (0=AutoHeight NonZero=Specified height)]

I did a spot-check of a bunch of other commands and they all checked out.

Anyway, thanks Davey for this extremely useful update :smiley:

Sven