ZBrushCentral

The Official Almost Monday Night Challenge

Since MTB is a busy guy and no one else will run with it…I’ll give it a try.

Since the unofficial Poll results have concluded that STAR WARS be the next theme …STAR WARS it is by an overwhelming 3-0 vote!

Sorry I don’t have the way cool graphics MTB did but this is off the cuff and super unofficial:D

Anyway first rule is… read this about challenges.

Second is… since this is the Zbrush Forum and the first challenge in a while…

everything must be zbrush!!

Now to steal from MTB:

:small_orange_diamond:Wireframes, progression Modeling, and/or screenshots of your progress. This helps others to see workflow. Models, ZScripts, and other support materials are always welcome.

:small_orange_diamond:Time Limit is a week from next Monday. I’d give a date but don’t have a calendar. :roll_eyes:

:small_orange_diamond:Nobody is too good or not good enough. This is open to everyone.

Providing support material, by all means is a good thing…if you learned something cool…share it! , upload zscripts, materials lighting setups or whatever you feel will help others. It’s not a requirement…just a way to say thanks to those who have gone before us and provided us with the means to be where we are…pay it forward as the movie says.

This mission, should you choose to accept it is for fun and bragging rights only, ZBC and Pixologic have nothing to do with it other than allowing us to have fun with their fantastic program, no prizes other than the pride and kudos you get from creating something cool. If no one gives it a go this message will self destruct a week from Monday.

Have fun!

I will search some link related star war (i dont know nothing about it¡¡¡) but i will¡¡
Congratulations for this:+1:
Andreseloy

Hi Aminuts … Thx for taken up the MNC … great initiative…

Star Wars, yes, :slight_smile: this could be great to see what comes up on the screen, with that theme… i’ll give it a try also, count on that :slight_smile:

Gretz From Andy

Sorry Guys, Yeah I got busy again. Wife started school and I have deadlines.
And change that thing to official will yeah. :D;):+1:
Oh yeah aminuts, here is this too:

[MNC---Star-Wars.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘5100’,‘MNC—Star-Wars.jpg’,1,0))

The reason why I didn’t put the “official IRC” bit is because we don’t need IRC.
Especially since ZBC has given us our own lovely forum for this. Am I right?
Also, I figure two weeks would be good yes?

Let me know what you think guys and sorry I have been so out of it. I really does upset me that work has me so tied up.

Perfect Mtb, Thanks!

Don’t worry about being busy, we all get tied up sometimes and while it sucks we gotta do what we gotta do!

I hope you can find some time to do a little something for the challenge and relax for a minute!!:smiley:

andresloy, how exactly does someone who does 3d graphics not know about star wars, i dont mean any offense i’m just surprised, i mean i have met people who’ve never seen the movies, but this situation confuses me. well hope you enjoy them when/if you see them. :wink:

I want to participate in the challenge looking some figures or images from goggle or yahoo and make some object, something like that¡ You are right no signify to me offense. If you can share som images will be great to.
spaceboy412 vbmenu_register(“postmenu_187793”, true); is a way to stimulate the challenge to come on again because is helpful.
Thanks for your advice
Andreseloy

At first i wanted to pull my hair out thanks to Aminuts’ rule of using only Zbrush, but after much trial and error i finally got some sense of multimarkers, although i hate that theres no real rotate control when in edit, anyway you can guess who i’m working on, this instrument still needs tons of work but this is what i acomplished today, what i could’ve done in silo in an hour took me all day in Z, but i learned tons so i’m thankful to Aminuts.

Attachments

max.jpg

Hey spaceboy412, I like your model.:wink: Just a suggestion for your final output render. Make the canvas at double it’s current size and then use the, “AA half” button on the right side of your screen. This will eliminate many of the jaggies in your image. Also if your system can handle it, turn off quick 3D edit, the “quick button” at the top of the interface. This will add some more smoothing to your piece. Are you planning on making the whole band?:cool:

sirquadalot, thanks for the tips, i just didnt bother when i was rendering this out cause it was just a WIP pic, and right now i dont have any plans on making the rest of the band, i always had a soft spot for max. And i’m already running into memory limitations, the key holes alone are 800k polys so unfortunately i’ll have to marker it all together, whereas i wouldve liked to have a complete model, oh well, 512mbram sucks.

Hi Aminuts,

I will make a head model for this challenge,
but you know, i use a maya low-poly as base.
Is this ok?

Ralf Stumpf

hi stumpf,

For this first new resurrected one I kinda wanted to keep
it all zbrush and in light of poor Spaceboy’s hard work, I
think we will have to keep it that way.

One of the reasons for the challenges is to not only get people to show what they learned so others may learn as well but to challenge you on using Zbrush in different ways and learning how zbrush works.

Is it possible to save the base for the next challenge, Stumpf?:smiley:

Great job so far Spaceboy…and you accomplished what we set out to do…ya learned some stuff!!:smiley: It looks pretty cool and very involved, you’ll have to give us some hints on how ya did it!

I like very much your model¡¡ well done
Congratulations
Andreseloy

Hi spaceboy412 … i really like your instrument… and i can see that you have been putting a lot of work in it, even if it’s a WIP :slight_smile: hmm maybe i should try to make some of the other instrument for the challange… :slight_smile: and then we could put them together :slight_smile: hmmm, maybe a new theme for a MNC later, indiviual people makes the tools, with material, and then they are all been combined to a single masterpiece :slight_smile: gretz from andy

Thanks to everyone for being so supportive this is only the second thing i’ve ever posted on a board, i hope i dont let you all down, i’m still unsure how to approach some of the pianos metal parts, and i really dont understand enough about rendering, like how do i make a metal material dirty?,you know block some of the specularity, do i need to use layers? i know in maya you’d just use a spec map, but i’ve only been using Zbrush for a few months.
Andromedia that sounds cool, making something non organic is very difficult for me in zbrush, but its all worth it. I’d love to release the model when i’m finished but so far just the key valves are 53mb, hmmm. Anyway heres Max, i just started.thanks-anon

Attachments

max.JPG

Way to go Spaceboy!!!

I love your sticktoitiveness!! Max looks good so far! And after seeing the pic of the piano I have to say you did a damn fine job of it!

Am hoping that future challenges will incorporate a specific area of zbrush to explore. would be fun and interesting to see the different approaches to say…using alphas or whatever.

Ok the rest of you guys better get busy, Spaceboy is smoking us all right now!!:smiley:

i did try alphas for the valves but i really didnt like the lack of detail in the indentations, alphas were the easiest so i tried that first, try try again i guess.

Nice job Spaceboy412 Max and his piano look pretty cool!:+1:

joda.jpg

Andreseloy

Way to go Andrelesoy!! That’s great for someone who didn’t know about StarWars!!

It seems not too many folks interested in doing zbrush only work which is a shame cuz what a better way to learn the product, especially when it is like a brain…only 10% is actually used but all the goodies are left untapped.