ZBrushCentral

ZBrush 2 pdf tutorials?

I have just downloaded my ZBrush 2 and started going through the excellent ZScripts tutorials, how to’s but find them very difficult to follow in order to learn. Is there any chance that tptb will do a pdf version of the scripts which will be so much easier to follow. Alternatively, if anyone does any “step by step” tutorials, could you please let me know - diane@birklea.co.uk

I am particularly interested in the modelling and texturing. Up until now I have only really used ZBrush for doing morphs and I just feel like I am “missing out” :wink:

Thanks
Diane :slight_smile:

I agree. It would be great to have some of this stuff in .pdf format. Coming from the “old school” I learn best by reading.

Also, it would be great if Z2 program documentation could be issued in .pdf format as well. I took my 1.55b .pdf file to Kinko’s and printed it out so I had a hard copy manual and I use it all the time.
ZBrush is wonderful but it’s VERY rich and complex.

Brian

I agree.

cmiStudios may be putting together a Video Training DVD.

DVD Video Training

I am a visual learner and find it that, when I have someone explaining and demonstrating things to me, such as on video, I learn faster. Video has the advantage of audio, pause, re-viewing, etc.

You may want to e-mail Chris at cmiStudios and ask about this DVD.
chris@cmistudios.com

(Sorry I posted this thread twice. The first one didn’t show up and I got an error msg saying it didn’t exist!! ;))

Thanks for the input

Be patient
A manual will be born in few time :slight_smile:
Pilou

I also strongly agree.

As much as I love ZBrush, the scripts really don’t do it for me as a teaching tool…not at all :confused:. It always seems that certain tools get selected, or some values get modified too quickly, and you can’t see what has just happened. This is extremely frustrating for beginners like myself.
I tried slowing playback down (unless I’m not doing it correctly), but this seems to only add pauses between certain actions…it does not slowdown certain “change of tools” or “change of value” actions.

I have it on good authority that a manual with lots of tutorials will be released quite soon, so take heart!

I also prefer tutorials because I can print them out etc.

Happy Z2Brushing!
Dave
:slight_smile:

A manual with tutorials will be helpful, but I really have a hard time understanding why some developers don’t support standard help documents.

As nice as a manual is, sometimes a searchable help document is the best way to quickly solve a problem or find a feature. And help documents generally have pictures of interface/tools so you don’t have to decipher everything from text.

Standard Windows Help system would be a HUGE benefit.

I definately agree with the need for SEARCH. Hmm, I could make a .net program that would search the script text files for words. Are the script files uncompiled in so that I may make something of this sort?

The search engine of Pdf Acrobat reader is perfect !