ZBrushCentral

(not so) Primitive City

[Icon.jpg[/attach]–> ]](http://<!–[attach=4841/)
First off, thanks to everyone that came to the Pixologic User Group meeting in San Francisco, I had a great time. It was nice to meet a lot of you in person.

Here is something that I showed a little bit about when I did my presentation, the (not so) Primitive City. It is made up of a bunch of primitives from Zbrush that have been masked and extruded in various ways. The whole piece took me only one after noon. I composited in the sky using the Zdepth pass from Zbrush in Photoshop. This can also be accomplished within Zbrush by assigning your image to the fog, but I like the little extra control that Photoshop can give me.

Here are a few close-ups (the whole image is 4096x4096):

Thanks for any feedback!Icon.jpgprimitive_city_1000.jpgpc_close_1.jpgpc_close_2.jpgpc_close_3.jpg

Fantastic!!!
Couldn’t you have said that it took you at least
a day?:smiley:
This way there would be more hope for us mortals

Mets thans for share this one¡
Andreseloy

you’re unstoppable… why is it that whenever i see one of your works i just wanna plunge myself into them? this especially. i want a camera swoop thru the buildings and down to the ground! is there any way you export these as obj’s and do a little animation in another program or have you already converted them to pixols? either way, your work still kicks ass! keep it up!

dado

OMG! I think I say that all the time…hehe
This is just plain awesome.
Wonderful work…and always an inspiration.

Thanks in advance
Andreseloy

a jaw dropping piece
#$%@

you’re a well of creativity dude

Holy smokin’ Batmans underwear that’s one hell of a detailed model, how many years have u been working on this piece ? it’s really beautiful :slight_smile: keep up the good work

Hi. Meats. That’s // and now i word i’m not allowed to write in here :)//Beautiful…wooa… this artwork will inspire me for a long time… thx…and thx for the wire tut… it has helped me a lot for making more abstract work in Zb…i did’t know that the program could do that , before i saw your tut… thx again…Gretz from andy

P.S. Yes the Pixologic group meeting , wooa i wish i was there… but it’s a long way from where i am… i’m living in Denmark,Europa, so if there ever will be a European meeting… you can be shure i will be there to see your work in real time :slight_smile:

You’re the best!!!

I love your style, and every image you post is pleasure to see.
Uf…I want to post something but when see your works I feel sorry for mines :lol:

Cool neo gothic style Meats. :+1:

…Zbrush was under explored! (creation and textures (not yet here :roll_eyes: ))
Funny thing :slight_smile:
I wish that your example makes some little other crazzy cities born :wink:
A too rare try here (old 2002)
Pilou

It´s a masterpiece of Meier Art

No hay palabras.

:+1: :+1: :+1:

hey meats!

I was able to attend the user group meeting. It was pretty awesome. I’m very glad I had the chance the be there.

When you were doing the illustration demo, I remember you made two primitives, converted them to pixols, then used the blur tool to blend them together. But then I remember you having jantim’s material applied to the pixols after they had already been converted to pixols…I can’t remember the inbetween steps, but how did you apply a new material to something that’s already been converted to pixols?

also (and I could kick myself for not taking notes right about now) how many passes did you do again? I remember, shadow, color, and alpha…am I forgetting one?

thanks mate. lovely demonstration you did

I still can’t believe I won in the raffle and got the gnomon dvd I already bought:confused:

Thanks so much for the nice comments!
I’ll try and answer some of the questions -

andreseloy -

My basic workflow was the subject of my demo. I don’t know if it was recorded at the User Group meeting or not:

Create several tools using Zspheres, primitives, etc.
Create high rez canvas.
Place tools on canvas, using as many Layers as I have memory for.
Render several passes with different light and shadow set-ups.
Create Zdepth pass.
Composite and color correct in Photoshop.

I’m starting work on a few Digital Illustration technique with Zbrush DVD’s, I’m pretty excited about them…

_dado -

is there any way you export these as obj’s and do a little animation in another program

I could definately export each piece and rebuild in another program to do an animation, but it would be a huge undertaking. Also, I don’t know of any external 3d package that could render this image with the same amount of polygons, I didn’t count, but it is definately in the 30 million range…
Would be cool tho’, thanks.

Andromedia-

I hope there is a European User Group meeting as well. I’m pushing for one…your from Denmark? I was there for a month teaching at the 3d school TruMax this summer, man I love Copenhagen…

Frenchy -

Thanks for the link, you are the link master!

Abxy -

When you were doing the illustration demo, I remember you made two primitives, converted them to pixols, then used the blur tool to blend them together. But then I remember you having jantim’s material applied to the pixols after they had already been converted to pixols…I can’t remember the inbetween steps, but how did you apply a new material to something that’s already been converted to pixols?

You can change the material on Pixols at any time by choosing a new material and painting it on. You can paint RGB and material at the same time by turning on “MRGB”, or if you want just the material select just the “M”.
I changed it all instantly by just loading a new material into the previous materials “Slot”. <Select the material, load new material replaces current>

how many passes did you do again? I remember, shadow, color, and alpha…am I forgetting one?

Yep, only those three because of time issues (and d@mn tablet issues :o).
I usually do several different color passes, shadow, ambient occlusion, specular, Zdepth, and sometimes reflection and then composit in Photoshop.

Oh, you are the one that won the DVD and already had it, I know who you are now, I didn’t get to meat :wink: you…

Talking about natural disasters, looks like everything went trough this city :cry:
:lol: great! I love your style!:smiley:

you’re right meats, i can’t think of anything that could handle even 2-3 million polys if it wasn’t made by pixolator himself. :smiley: lets hope that pixologic makes a package for animation or includes the option in the v 3.0. maybe that’s too much to ask for…

Meats, you work is so… inspiring. I wrote to Gnomen and asked if your DVDs would run on Home Edition XP. They said they didn’t know. Do you?

fantastic picture as always :+1: :+1:
:+1: :+1:

:grimacing: this is one beautiful cipy…amazing work as usual…

Yong