ZBrushCentral

Zif Click 2.0 Beta

While we wait for the new Zbrush and the opening of the holy Zscript Grail hopefully you will find some use for the new Zif Click Beta.

[Showantell.JPG]

Zif Click, will let you Point and click new zsphere nodes, or draw them with a brush. It will also enable you to copy part of your model and then replicate it anywhere else, even onto another separate model. Zif Click will allow you to work with Branches of the Zsphere Tree, which means the node that you have selected and any associated Children of that node. You can Copy, Move, Rotate, Delete, Transverse or Scale that Branch independently of the rest of the model. Zif Click will also let you change the Root Node of your object. Control the Membrane, Twist and XYZ Resolution of nodes or Branches of nodes with a click of a buton or menu.

You will be able to precisely Scale, Space, Rotate and Move individual Nodes or Branches of nodes. This is very difficult to achieve with precision when creating Zsphere models by hand.

Not sure how this new interface works but be sure to get the Zip file and extract it to your Zscript Directory

Evidently my documentation is too large to upload to the forum, so visit my webpage here [Zif Click 2.0 Beta Documentation](http://www.cyber-webs.com/zbrush/scripts/ZifClick2/Zif%20Click%202%20Page.htm) Have fun Zif Clicking!

Brilliant! :slight_smile: Thanks Digits, I’ve been looking forward to this.

Marcus

Cool, I too have be waiting!

Thanks Digits!!

I really was wondering when you give an update of your very helpfull Zifclik¡
Thanks very much
Andreseloy

Digits,

I don’t know if this is the appropriate spot to ask this question, but it seems like you might know the answer. I was wondering if you have access to individual polygons, or vertices in zscript. I want a button to snap my zsphere to the nearest polygon center. It seems like I have to spend a lot of time centering them anyways, half the time. The zspheres should also be able to automatically align to the polygon so we don’t have to rotate the zspheres so often. Are these requests already possible?

You write great scripts! I’m looking forward to seeing what you can do with the Z 2 update.

THANKS Digit !!!
A long waiting script…:smiley:

cameyo

… maybe that the new demo version comes for test this incredible script!
Pilou

I don’t know if this is the appropriate spot to ask this question, but it seems like you might know the answer. I was wondering if you have access to individual polygons, or vertices in zscript. I want a button to snap my zsphere to the nearest polygon center. It seems like I have to spend a lot of time centering them anyways, half the time. The zspheres should also be able to automatically align to the polygon so we don’t have to rotate the zspheres so often. Are these requests already possible?
Hi BigAir

There is a zscript command

[Mesh3DGet,
Property:
0=PointsCount
1=FacesCount
2=XYZ bounds
3=UVBounds
4=1stUVTile
5=NxtUVTile
6=PolysInUVTile
7=3DAreaOfUVTile
8=Full3DMeshArea,
Optional input 1 Vertix/Face/Group/UVTile H index (0 based),
Optional input 2,
Optional output variable1.,
Optional output variable2.,
Optional output variable3.,
Optional output variable4.,
Optional output variable5.,
Optional output variable6.,
Optional output variable7.,
Optional output variable8.]
Gets information about the currently active Mesh3D tool.
Output: Returns zero if command executed successfully, any other value indicates and error.

that does give you info about the mesh, however I have not played with it and without Pixologic releasing any information about the new zscript commands offhand it doesn’t look like it would produce the information that you would need.

You might try using the Control Menu -> Twist button to Twist/UnTwist a node.

Select a node by pressing ‘d’
Press the Control Menu ‘Load’ button to read the node’s properties
Press ‘Twist’ and enter your desired Twist Value
Press ‘Current’ to change the currently selected node.

Sorry I am not much help

Thanks for you replies guys, I appreciate it

You might try using the Control Menu -> Twist button to Twist/UnTwist a node.

Select a node by pressing ‘d’
Press the Control Menu ‘Load’ button to read the node’s properties
Press ‘Twist’ and enter your desired Twist Value
Press ‘Current’ to change the currently selected node.

Sorry I am not much help

You are much help! I guess that I needed to spend more time with your script. Thanks for your reply.

This is one of those zscripts that offers so much. Great work Digits, I am glad you released it. The ultimate Zscript for Zsphere control. :+1:

Hello Digits,

I just wanted to thank you for providing this script. It’s awesome! Especially the ability to change the root zsphere. You’ve basically made it possible to make anything you truly want with Zsphere’s, and with the most control possible.

Thanks for sharing this! Maybe one day I can return the favor!

Chad

Hi Floyd:) ,

Firstly… this script is an immense contribution to ZBrush, and I thank you whole-heartedly. As to why so few have downloaded what can only be described as a program…escapes me, and as to why your work here has so few posts of gratitude… stuns me.

Our ZBrush Central village of years ago has become a city… Few here probably realise the contributions you have made over the years to the community and ZBrush. I do note the polite few amongst us who have thanked you…they too have been consistant with help, instruction etc. The world needs more people like them and yourself.

As for me, I shall finally be examining this script… forced rest…doctor’s orders. Hopefully I shall be able to come up with some examples and tutorials from your script.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Paul

nice you see you here
the best for you in this moment¡
Andreseloy

I absolutely must echo Ed. Thank you Digits for this. While it was cunieform writing to me at first sight, once i read your guide carefully, it made sense and I was able to demo it at a training session, with full credit to you, of course. The copying of Zsphere branches is very useful for intensely complex stuff.

Thank you for your gift!

r

Hey Paul, sorry to hear that you are under the weather. I hope it isn’t something serious my friend.

The new Zscript Forum is a great idea and it is pretty active, but the general public probably doesn’t keep great tabs on what is made available here without the Moderators putting up new stuff in the top row. Otherwise the scripts just march off the bottom row. They have been pretty good about that, hopefully I have just been overlooked :slight_smile:

:+1: :+1: :+1: squared. i just wanted to let you know that its smooth runnings for zifclckbeta on the mac-osx + Z2, except the odd occurance here and there - nothing as severe like switching into demo-mode as it has happened frequently back with zbrush 1.55 and pre-X-os, mind you. thats what happens nowadays: the script is peacefully quitting, usually when files get huge only. some dialogue is asking for the .txt-version. no prob to save the tool and start reworking in an overall new session, though. plus: i couldnt manage to succesfully make the script one of the startup-plugins. i assume its a zipping issue, like the one that occured for some users with the ZTimeLapse-script for mac, which was resolved by uploading a .sit instead of a .zip-file containing the script and folder.

so, zifclicking for me is muchissimo fun, even more so as its more comfortable than ever. nevertheless, after all those zifclickless months, i had to start from nihil, so first results arent elaborate at all (more accid- than experim-ents :slight_smile: ):

[attach=6975]1a.jpg[/attach] [attach=6979]1bkl.jpg[/attach] [attach=7015]spiraltreeakl.jpg[/attach]

and as it happens a silly tree with too fat roots instead of branches:

[attach=6978]mountaintreekl.jpg[/attach]

more coming asap :slight_smile:

• juju

Attachments

1a.jpg

mountaintreekl.jpg

1bkl.jpg

spiraltreeakl.jpg

I am not sure am I making something wrong but I cant rotate to “branches”. First, I have a brunch to rotate, than I point to one of the zspheres and press “d”, and after that I will click on Rot button or Brot button and no metter which of the directional buttons I press nothing happens. Same is happening if I change the value in rot field -nothing. Where am I making a mistake?
I have 2d on and dlineon in the settings. I have tried different settings but with no success. Some help please.
For the rest of the scriop I might say it’s amazing. It has a lot of potential.

:cool: Pajonate

hi pajonate :slight_smile:

have you inserted the rotation values in the rot-window on the front UI? if so, i think thats the reason for things going wrong.

instead try inserting a rotation value in the “settings” dialogue box (its located at the very bottom of the “settings” submenu). the branch you want to rotate has to be selected. then use “brot” and one of the iolrud buttons to indicate which direction it should rotate. works like a charm over here.

hope this helps!

• juandel

Hansl, even after being zifclickless for so long it looks like you still made it down the “Rabbit Hole”, really crazy whirlings. Thank you for the feedback. Here is a new version of the beta. I have made some improvements and hopefully made it more stable for you. Check out the new “Mesh” and “Misc” buttons. Also it will select a branch much quicker now than it did before.

Unzip the Zip file into your Zbrush2\ZStartup\ZPlugs directory and ZifClick will be available when you start up Zbrush. Hopefully that is the way it is done on the Mac.

Look forward to more zifclickins.

Pajonate, Juandel should have helped your problem. It sounds like the Rotation Value is set to zero. Let me know if you are still having problems.

Cool deal!

Thanks Digits! gotta get me a fresh copy for my new Zbrush install :):+1: