ZBrushCentral

Monday Night challenge ???

when will the next Monday Night challenge be?

jah i’d like to see them occur more often as well. would really be a good distraction from all this studying :wink:

You guys could always start your own unofficial official Challenge. Mtb is probably a bit busy these days so why not come up with one yourself?

yes, i suggest that we can choose a topic or also like an old idea that was: we can select a tool or tools to work with it trying to discover the mùltiple applications¡
Andreseloy

the challenge are excelent opportunity to learn¡¡¡

I was thinking it would be fun to do a chalanged based off a topic. Like Star Wars?

Could be creatures from the SW universe. Or ships if people wanted. Just a thought.

yeah star wars would be great.

star wars creature:cool: is cool

What we need to star something?
You like that topic?
star posting some model, scenes, background…im looking in the goggle or yahoo for some images to work¡
Have you one?
Keep on and begin¡¡¡
Andreseloy

Hey guys.
Star Wars Creatures sounds pretty cool. You guys wanna start a challenge up Monday?

all the Monday Challenge are very educative¡¡
Here is an example of some creature that i made this afternoon
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?p=186783#post186783:smiley:

Andreseloy

Here are some examples of the star wars universe creatures.

It is a long list (I was bored)

We may think about selecting one species / race and doing one a week or one a month. Simply because there are so many.

you can google any of these just put the creature name and star wars with it. Should come up with plenty of drawings and art work. Also theres a list of specific characters we could do. There are well over 100 people or races I can list but I will just list the more famous of them.

Admiral Ackbar (Mon calimary) hes the fish dude who leads the second attack on the death star.

Lando (Human) he is the one who betrays han and laya to darth vader and later redeams himself

Chewbacca (wookie) he is the tall walking carpet that is always with Han.

Biggs/Wedge/Porkins
Red squadron pilots (the ones who go in with luke to blow up the first death star)

Greedo (Rodian) The green guy who stops Han in the bar and gets a blaster to the gut for his troubles.

Jabba the hutt (Hutt) Big slug guy who held Han in carbonite in his palace

Obi-Wan (Human) Jedi who instructs Luke.

Lobot (Human / Cyborg) Hes the guy who helps Lando. He never talks and has a computer wrapped around the back of his head.

Mon Mothma and Princess Leia (Human) I catagorized both these together because for most the movies they are just chicks with robes. But the Slave outfit Leia wears in the Jaba palace scenes would probably interest most the guys here :slight_smile:

Emporer Palpatine (Human / clone) Everyone knows the emporer. Evil dude doing evil deads.

Max rebo and band (Aliens) Max is the blue guy who plays the funky piano in Jabas palace. There are others with him, various alien species.

Luke (human) Main guy in the films. Whiny farm boy turned jedi knight.

Grand Moff Tarkin (Human) he is the Imperial who is “holding vaders leash” in the first movie. Most officers wear the same sort of outfit in the movie so hes a decent prototype for any imperials people want to make

Storm Trooper (Human) The storm troopers are usualy trained so harshly they eventualy forget their own names and go by the number asigned to them during training. They practicly sleep in their armor and when cornered to take off their helmets they usualy do so reluctantly.

Tusken Raiders (Alien) The guys who attack Luke when he goes after r2d2 in the wastes.

Darth Vader (Human / Machine) If you dont know who this is you need to get out more.

Yoda (Unknown) The shrimpy green dude who will whip your but if you abuse the force. Well maybe not but he would definately speak to you in riddles.

Wicket (Ewock) Hes the little teady bear who Leia befrends on Endor.

All the above are people from the first three movies. I am not bothering with the new ones. I listed the races because some people may not want to make the specific character.

Heres a list of some of the “animals” from the series.

Dewback (The creatures the storm troopers ride on Tatooine)
Taun-Taun (The creatures they ride on Hoth)
Wompa (Creature that attacks Luke on hoth)
Rancor (the big creature Luke fights and kills in the pit in Jabbas palace)
Selacious Crum (not sure of his spelling, hes the little pet Jaba keeps that pulls out c3po’s eyes on the sail barge)

Ok so thats as many creatures and people I can think of without pulling out all my SW books and browsing them. Other things people can do if we dont want to do just creatures are Droids, there are well over 100 of them. Probably atleast 5 with decent screen length in the film. C3p0 and R2D2 the most obvious of them.

Ships…While I have not seen a great amount of ships and “techie” looking things like that made in Zbrush it would definately be a chalange and a bit of fun to model some of them.

Well. Hopefully people will post and give suggestions on what they want to do and how they want to do it. I personaly wouldnt mind doing a series of monday night chalanges on multiple areas of the star wars universe.

MTB if you have the time I think you should set one up!

I was gonna attempt to on Monday last as I figured you must be pretty busy lately, but my isp decided it was a good time to switch servers! :confused: Today is the first time all week I haven’t been booted offline after 3 minutes. I am happy to be able to check out ZBC:D finally. Phew!

Yeah I’ll set up the usual. More later though…have to work.
:D;):+1:

hi MTB,

It’s Tuesday! :wink:

1.-Every one has to work¡ so lets go with was proposed above¡
2.-that initiative dont disturb any forum rule¡
3.-why we have to wait for one person?
4.-The past challenge have demonstrated that were very very instructive and helpful… it allow to see the different approach each one make…also the diferent technique that zbuser used to reach his individual work. The main different with the normal forum, i think, is in the challenge each zbuser make effort to explain how he gets its result.

:smiley: :+1:
Andreseloy

Yesterday was a holiday here bud.
Post will be up tonight.