ZBrushCentral

Rocking Horse

[FeaturedIcon[/attach]–>]](<!–[attach=4011)
Another in the series: Rocking Horse.

All elements created and rendered in Zbrush with additional detailing done in Photoshop.
I used a few Jantims, as well as my own custom shaders, as well as mixing using Zdepth compositing to blend several together as one.

4096X4096 (original)

A few close-ups:

Thanks, I enjoy your feedback.Horse.jpgrocking_horse_900.jpgrocking_close_1.jpgrocking_close_2.jpg

exceptional work meats, and i am looking forward to getting your dvd:D

This is excellent. I’ve enjoyed the previous two but this one is your best IMO.

The piece seems more coherent than the previous ones. Before the 3D depth and shading of the middle piece made it stand out too strongly from the frame. Now it looks much more like a picture frame with a painting in it. I think it is the more uniform shading of the materials and Jantims(:lol:) that are doing it.

The subject matter really does it for me in this one. Great stuff.

dude, i’m loving this stuff.

amazingly cool Meats…
You make me feel like I’m covered in molasses. Got to get off my ass and start sculpting again. The whole frame thing is really nice… its amazing how well you’ve been able to translate your style with Zbrush. Props to Phoenix.

-myself

Damn dude! You are on a roll!
:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Very nice lighting. You have been creating some really interesting objects as of late with your technique, keep it up!

You said 4096 4096
And they seems without jagged
So it’s Just Zbrush process or with an anti aliasing with external progs ?
Because the Zbrush AA process done the half Size and the max is 4096 so close up max can be 2048
2048 :roll_eyes:
So what is your secret?
Pilou

yeap this sure rocks!!
You have overcome the AA problem thats for sure.
Keep rocking man :+1: :smiley:

Thanks guys!

Tveyes - thanks, appreciate that. There is actually parts of you in this image, I made use of your great ZYZ adjust script to create the rocking horse with Zspheres…so thanks.

Alex - Thanks muchly…for letting me do this stuff as a full time job…it rules! Signed, the Phoenix!

Frenchy - Yes, it’s all about working large in Zbrush. Then when you scale things down, it gets rid of alot of the jaggies. There is really only a problem with the edges as far as anti-aliasing goes, I can clean those up in Photoshop no problem…so all is well. I’m going to have design studio press print all of these out for me at about 4 feet by 4 feet, I can’t wait. They really should be viewed printed, it’s hard to really see the detail with small, compressed web versions.

Here are a few images from the creation of this project:
1-

2-

As you can see, I was going for something shiny up until I started playing with the wood Jantim…
:smiley:rocking_test_1.jpgrocking_test_2.jpg

Thx for the explanation :sunglasses:

Fantastic, I would love to have this hanging on my wall…playing on an HDTV with the horse rocking and the wood/fog pattern moving across the scene. There is something very special about your work.

awesome…would almost trade my harley for that ride!..I said almost;) .

One question…did you bake a layer with Jantim’s wood then do another pass with Jantim’s painted rust mat and blend em that way or did you blend them in the material itself or in PS?

am curious if its the first, at what percent you blended at.

I see my wood is in good hands :smiley:
I’ve alway’s wondered, seeing your older work, if you could produce at the same high-level in Zbrush…it even looks better, this program seems made just for you Meats !
Your productivity apears limitless…is that answered on the dvd as well :slight_smile:

jantim

Amazing work as always. I have to make shure that I pick up your new dvds after I build my new pc.

Best of luck,
Karl

Hi Meats,

Thanks for the backstage look at your “actors” in progress. I especially like the rocket rocking horse progression which makes excellent use of the XYZ Adjust tool - essential for refining mecho-organic modeling.

I was wondering about your illumination here (and in your other framed works posted over the past few days.) Could you give us any tips on how you’re setting up the lights and if there’s anything special going on? Are you using any post-render tweaks of the image?

Sven

The color scheme is just amazing. Excellent job.:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

like the dusty rusty look to these…and the rocking horse rider stance is cool.
also like the clean rivets touch on the outside…suberb touch.
good work as always bud…enjoying watchin what you’re spinning out.:+1:

Damn! It’s like watching West Coast Choppers create! I want one, I want one!! Me first!! Where do I send the money for that ROCKIN HORSE???!! :wink:

This is just AWESOME! :+1: I ordered both of your DVDs - can’t wait till I get them where I can study your workflow. I’m still a ZBrush newbie!