ZBrushCentral

•••A Sneak-Preview of the next ZBrush-Update•••

As you may know, ZBrush2 has made a significant impact on the way digital art is created, particularly when it comes to high-resolution modeling. Film production houses, video game developer and artists - such as yourself - have found ZBrush to be a valuable tool which boosts the artist’s productivity and streamlines the art-creation workflow.

Today we are thrilled to introduce a sneak-preview of exciting new features which are being developed for the next ZBrush update.

This sneak-preview is about two major features: Modeling & Rigging. These new features are build on ZSpheres technology and extend ZSpheres use to all stages of the 3D-modeling process.

Rigging & Modeling

The modeling-rig will enable you to attach (bind) any 3D polygonal mesh to a ZSphere structure. The ZSphere structure may then be manipulated to deform, pose and morph the attached mesh.

There are two distinct types of ZBrush modeling-rigs. One is a volume-rig, in which the ZSphere structure resides within the 3D mesh , the other is a surface-rig in which a ZSpheres net is drawn on the surface of the attached mesh. Since both types employ the same underlying ZSphere technology, you may use one as the other or use both in the same modeling-rig.

The other main feature is new modeling capabilities. The new modeling features will enable you to create a new mesh or modify an existing one. The mesh-forming process is accelerated by the availability of the base ZSphere-structure which is used as a guide as well as enabling symmetry and radial symmetry to be utilized.

Since both, modeling and rigging structures, are created from ZSpheres, they can be manipulated the same as any other ZSphere and they may also be utilized for more than one purpose.

About Modeling-Rig: Although ZBrush’s modeling-rig have similarities to animation-rigs, their purpose is quite different. If you are exporting a mesh from ZBrush to a 3D animation program, you will most likely choose to create a modeling-rig in ZBrush and an animation-rig in the animation program. ZBrush’s modeling-rig purpose is to enhance your mesh-creation workflow from concept to finish. Modeling-rigs will enable you to transform, morph and repose a mesh to better fit your modeling, detailing and texturing needs. Since modeling-rigs are extremly fast to create, you may also choose to modify the structure of the modeling-rig – or create a new one – at different stages of the model-creation process.

In addition to these features, the next update will also include code enhancements to previously released features - such as normal map and displacement map creation - and other code optimizations which will further enhance your ZBrush experience.

At Pixologic, we are extremely proud of the achievements attained by ZBrush users and we are deeply thankful for the support and enthusiasm exhibited by the ZBrush community. As our way of saying thanks, the next ZBrush update will be made available as a free-update to all registered ZBrush users (including users who will register between now and the release of the next update)!

:large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: Download Movie Here :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond:
More information about the next update will be posted periodically
here at ZBrushCentral and ZBrush.com.
Stay tuned!

ZPreview3.jpg

Looks amazing, can’t wait :slight_smile: This makes zbrush even more essential to any cg artist from hobbyist to pro.

Wow Pix, this looks simply amazing. Can’t wait. And (as a starving artist who is extremely grateful for your generous pricing policy) THANKS!!! :smiley:

Absolutely Stunning. Lightwavers have to see this stuff. WIll alert them

Indeed, stunning.

Sunit

WOW! Pix I have been watching and rewatching this and I am floored. You have taken a labor intensive and sometimes very frustrating task and simplified it beyond belief. Innovation meets art!!! My jaw dropped when I saw the Rhino video. My mind went into meltdown mode when I saw the head video… !!! Toplolgy Brush on steroids!! We asked for one and we got it…and so much more! And it looks so much more intuitive and easier to control than the (now apparently mediocre) Topology Brush in that other modeling app (you know the one)!!!. WOW! The third video…that is just beautiful. This is so fantastic. Not only do we get a new innovative feature set but we get tools that actually make our workflow iincredibly faster and easier! In fact there seems to be no real reason the workflow must remain linear at all! I can see myself moving from one process to the next and back as I work through a piece. Pixolator you have once again outdone yourself!

IF I were a betting man I would put a million dollars on the FACT that ZBRUSH will INCLUDE animation in it’s next major realease. A method of animation PROCESS, unheard of in the industry.

OMG I can’t believe this.
ITS ANOTHER FREE UPDATE!
I can’t thank you guys enough…GO TEAM!
YOU GUYS ROCK!!
There is only one thing that I can do really…

ps. Those movie loads aren’t working! PM me ASAP! I will set up means for you all to FTP them to my site and relieve the traffic!

Still need to see the 3rd movie but this is already looking stunning. Super nice price too :wink: Thanks alot.

Links to the movies are dead :cry:

It seems that the incredible popularity of these movies has crashed the server that they are hosted on. We are currently working as fast as possible to bring them back online, and will post a message here as soon as that has been accomplished.

Hot diggitydog!! I cannot wait til my new computer arrives now so I can get zbrush set-up and running and waiting for this new marvel of an update.

Just when I think I have impressed everyone I know and even everyone I annoy about Zbrush, you guys come up with some new awesome stuff and I become even more unpopular!:smiley: Don’t mind tho…gives me more zbrush time!!:wink:

edit: They seem to be downloading ok!

This is the most thrilling news for me…thanks guys…i 'll wait for this like crazy… :smiley:

oh my… i whish i wouldnt know this… I´m really bad in waiting and practicing patience…
Rigging, topobrush and … free upgrade!
I love this company! :smiley:
:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

greetings
froyd

This is great news,…posing and deforming meshes made in other programs !
Well Zbrush again proves itselve as cutting edge technology !
And very generous for giving it away free for registered users:+1: :+1:

jantim

the server must be overloaded,movies will not download :slight_smile:

Alright people get them while they are hot!
Downloads only my friends…have to save some sort of bandwidth for the bedlam…hehe

Click here to download the Zip.

[](http://prymevalgraphics.com/ZB-Stuff/ZBC/ZBrushPreview_ZSphere2.zip)

Oh yeah, can we say Topology Zif…
(Zif being a pet name the old ZBC vets have given to ZSphere…just because its easier to write…and cute too. :wink: )

Amazing, is this a dream? are you ever going to charge us for an upgrade ever again? :slight_smile:
A huuge thankyou to pixologic
Sav

MTB jumps on Sav, stuffs a Zif in him mouth, and drags his shocked,
flailing, unknowning self to be hidden in the movies palette.

this isn’t the user you are reading…’ mtb says in a jedi like manner.

GO TEAM GO!!

btw j/k sav…hehe

A free upgrade!?! Now that is frickin’ cool!
Thanks a million for this!