ZBrushCentral

to create a hole

i ppl, i’m Alex, i’m a new member of this forum.First sorry for my english…is no very wel:)).
I want to make a question :is possible to create a hole in the model that I create in zbrush? example if I create a face and I want the open eyes

tnx alex.

Hi Alex!!!

There’re a lot of ways to do it.
This is an example: Just turn off the zadd option and turn on the zsub, then choise the z intensity and draw size that you want.

Sin título-1 copia.jpg

thanks many AXL…but I say a hole like this…

can you help my??
tnx Alex

I think those eye sockets are achieved by deleting polygons under another aplication (like silo or some other like it).
But maybe by selecting, hiding points and deleting hidden points under zbrush can do it too.

tnx my friend…i think it’s not possible to make hole with zbrush ,maybe in other applycation is better…

alex

Which way are you using?

Simple sphere or zsphere?

Well, this is for the simple sphere:
When you have the initial frigure ( an sphere in this case ) activate the edit mode and draw the hole like in the first picture I post. Then go to the transform palete. There you have some tools to edit the eyes like you want. Combine this tools with move, draw , scale or rotate.
Remember: activate edit mode before you start to modify the model!!!
And you can activate x simmetry to work in both eyes at the same time.

23.jpg

In this example I use a simple sphere<actvate edit mode<activete x simmetry<draw the eyes<and then use std and move option to deformate.
I hope it helps you;)

Attachments

ZBrush Document copia.jpg

hi alex some head tips :
1 ) use a z sphere with x res = 3 as the main sphere,

1. then add 2 x res =1 s)pheres for eyes , nose, ears, mouth. put the eye z spheres inside the main one to create eyesockects, and the same for mouth and ears.

2. then hit a to preview adaptive skin, u will see the low poly geometry of your head mesh.
    4)make adaptive skin at that level, (2) clear your layer and use the newtool with polys u find in tools palette

hide only the polygons of eyes selecting them with ctrl+shift and releasing shift before u complete the rectangle selection. then go to geometry/delete hidden.

now u have your holes. obviously u can delete polys even at other geometry subdivision, but its esies deleting them in low res geometry.

done !!

Cheers :slight_smile:

tnx guys you are very kind…i have try your help…yesssss working nice…i understand know like it’s possible to delete the poligons:)))
tnx very very mucth guys…i used zbrush by 2 week and a see that is incredible software:)))

tnx to all…
alex.

mmmm remembar my english:))

yeah that
can be difficult at first due to z brush own ways to handle poligon selection and hiding, but once u get it u can do good things.:lol:

sorry guys but i dont find the “geometry/delete hidden” button…???
why??

alex

Yeah, yeah I’m spoiled!!!

I thought your problem was to modify the form !!! ( I’m a bit naive ) so…excuse me please :stuck_out_tongue:
Well, maybe you have found the answer but anyway…
Here I post you two similar questions I’ve found in this same page.
Hope it can help you!!! Good luck
See you later

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=9776

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=5774

be sure that u’re working with the geometry, not preview adaptive mesh u usually obtain pressing a.

u have to hit make adaptive skin, that way, z b creates real geometry as a tool in tools panel.so what u have on the screen still is the preview one

then clear the layer, (ctrl+n)

then select the right tool, wich lists in its infos not z spheres, but polygons number only. drag the tool into screen , then press t go into edit mode and x to work in simmetry mode as well.just as u di when u first draw your z sphere.

u will get your delete hidden only with real geometry.

after hiding eyes polys BTW.:wink:

my dear friends…nothing and nothing…for my it’s impossible…i to become crazy for this hole:))
this is my head

i whont make the hole for the eyes and the mouth…:((but no understend…
this is my scene if you wont try are welcome…tnx for your help guys
http://www.on3d.it/images/3d/anfro.zip
mission impossible:))

very tnx alex…
PS:nemoid are you italian??..mmmm ehehe i’m italian…ciao

yes i am , BTW.

stai lavorando su una mesh molto densa. meglio nascondere i poligoni quando ne hai pochi. una volta fatta la geometria con le z spheres(Adaptive skin preview , se premi a, tanto per vedere com’è) e fatta la geometria con make adaptive skin, ti ritrovi con una nuovo tool che ha una geometria molto low poly e che dopo dovrai suddividere. nascondi quelli degli occhi e fai delete hidden.

fatto! :smiley: poi dettagli la mesh dopo.

primo passo : z spheres. sfera grande x, y e z res =3 sfere piccole X,y,z res =1. occhi e orecchie sono messi dentro per crere cavità degli occhi

zsheres head 01.jpg

first step: z spheres. main big sphere x, y, z res =3 small ones =1 eyes and ears sphere has been put into the big one, to generate cavities of eyesockets and ears

adapive mesh preview level 2 :wink:

zsheres head 02.jpg

queta è la preview che ottieni premendo a dopo aver fatto le z spheres.tra gli altri settaggi vicino a quelli del livello di suddivisione hai nanche dei settaggi per ottenere una mesh migiore di quella di default

tools/adaptive skin hres, mbr ecc.

preview u obtain pressing a after u do z spheres. u can change its default settings and obtain a better mesh than the default one

ho premuto make adaptive skin
premuto t,
poi ctròl+n per cancellare il layer.

poi ho trovato nella palette dei tools quello della geometria, che mi elenca solo il numero dei poligoni e l’ho disegnato sul cancvas.
premo t, x e posso editare la nuova meh, modificandola un po’

poi con ctrl+shift inizio a selezionare i poligoni degli occhi. se rilascio shift prima di aver finito, il rettanglolodi selezione diventa rosso. serve per nascondere i poligoni.

una volta nascosti i poligoni che ho scelto, premo

delete hidden.

fatto!!zsheres head 03.jpg

btw mi son divertito a modificare un po’ la mesh, facendo dgli edge loops. si possono isolare solo i gruppi colorati cliccandoci sopra con ctrl +shift. poi si premeedge loop e zb crea nuova geometria

zsheres head 04.jpg

BTW i got some fun tweakin ga bit the mesh . with ctrl+shift + lmb u can select only polygroups clicking on them, then hit edge loop and u have new geometry

nice man…ok know i understand but…
i have created my model with only 2 zspere for the ears:((
i created a hole for the mouth and the eyes with zsub…
and know i’m stupid:))

ho creato le zspere solo per le orecchie…i buchi della bocca li ho creati con i zsub…ora non posso fare piu’ niente??
perche’ se provo a riportare la geometria alla risoluzione 2 non vedo le geometrie degli occhi e della bocca ma un unica geometria:((

tnx alex

scusa ma quando buchi i poligoni non ti buca pure quelli dietro…cioe’ se seleziono i poli degli occhi mi fa i buchi anche dietro la testa…se provo a prendere la parte che mi interessa con triangolo verde…poi mi seleziono i poligoni li taglio faccio “hidden”…appena clicco per vedere tutta la mesh mi ritorna come era prima …