ZBrushCentral

Multi Map Exporter UDIM issue in 3DS Max

Folks hope someone can help here, so i have a test model made in 3DS max with 4 UDIMs. I import the model to zbrush, make poygroups from UV, then to test it i made some rough shapes on the mesh. when i export the maps with the multi map exporter ive had some issues, see settings attached. Max doesnt seem to work well with 32bit EXRs so ive used 16bit TIFFs.

Then i export my mesh with GoZ, and use multi tile to create the displacement, but im having seam issues with both the displacement mod and the displacement material slot, see attached.

From what i can see the 4 TIFF exports dont match along the edges, ive overlapped a couple of the images to show the difference, see attached. Seems the issue is with the exporter?

Attachments

overlaps.jpg

max.jpg

max_render.jpg

zbrush.jpg

I might have it sorted, i turned on 16 bit scale and then get scale. Then in the vray displacement mod i have to leave it in Subdivision mode to avoid the seam. Seems to have fixed the issue. If theres a better workflow for that please share, id be concerned about data loss using 16bit TIFFs.