ZBrushCentral

Comics anyone?

[attach=2291]ls_01.jpg[/attach] [attach=2292]ls_02.jpg[/attach] ls_03.jpg

Attachments

ls_01.jpg

ls_02.jpg

Heyas JB, it’s looking pretty interesting and kewl…will be interested in seeing more of this particular work…I am very interested myself in the comic scene also and hope to use Z2 in the whole work…Looks like you will be able hopefully to give some good tips on this…Have you done much with regards to this technique and characters? I found a place on the net that does piece work printing of comics for a reasonable price …so a project is in the planning phase for myself right now with regards to that…so definitely any insight into any of this will be greatly appreciated…
Ron

Hey Ron.

I’m always looking at toon options. I’ve had so much fun over the years with Renderman shaders I always want to do similar in various apps.

Here was my first character test that I evolved to get this.

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=21356&page=2

Scroll way way down.

Here is the material, the rest is the lights. It still needs work, but it works pretty well. To get shading, just dimm your lights. You can control the line thickness with the cavity section of the material. Oh yeah, best render mode of course. :slight_smile:

this is awesome! i can’t wait to check out the downloads. very cool stuff and very graphic. could zbrush find its way to marvel?!

r

Well being a Marvel fan and my wife being a DC fan, comics are a look I’m always pushed towards. Having grown up with quite a few Marvel artists I like making them wonder. :cool:

I hope this also gets people trying things like my other 2 threads on the subject, comics are for kids - we are all kids, right 50???

haha, not what I meant… was poking a stick at 50s kid. hahaha

lol :wink: I thought you meant Rich C. but thought I would give it a stab…just dled the mat and am trying it on the head model I did last night…will post the result in a few… :slight_smile:

this is showing up like the Flat Material…my model comes out as if I used that material without any definition only the outer shape and whatever color I choose…what am I doing wrong…and that is still after I do a best render and turned the lights all the way down…thnx
ron

[attach=2296]j20.jpg[/attach] Can I see?

I did a quick test… I’ll post my lights as well

Attachments

j20.jpg

I removed that image since we fixed the problem…thnx…

Attachments

JBmatTrial1J.jpg

Ouch! Ron that looks weird. Just a moment.

Try loading my lights in so we are talking apples and apples.

The detail on the model helps a lot, strategic detail.

Hey Ron, you might have to move your model or my lights I had them placed in the ground for that effect on the terrain.

As yu can see Ron, I still have the fianl outline to do. It’s separate becasue I like it to be thicker.

Of course if you add something in the background the default comes out fine.

Attachments

t22.jpg

j21.jpg

jason,
that toon shader looks damn close to what they used in zelda windwaker. here’s a light setup and a material that i created a while ago, aiming to get a decent toon shader. i’m not getting as many fine details inside the model, probably due to my lack of positioning. but the outline is there. its basically a modified inkshader that was posted online. i hope its of some use

toonshaded.jpg

Well if it helps I’ve been writing this stuff for years, and its really similar in all apps. You just have to employ finess. I’ll play with yours as well _dado.

:slight_smile:

thnx Dado…I will take a look at those as well…

JB, the lights worked great and also give a helluva effect when used with the bump viewer material also…

I unfortunately lost a valuable zdoc during this from time past…snafu on my part…grrrrr…but I got everything working so far…here is the result in black and white…3 models and used the render adjstments to make it a bit more stark…now to play with adding color to the images…edited by me…lol…just figured out the thumbnailing thing to save gallery space…kewl beans :slight_smile:

Attachments

PissedOffMaleHeadSept28JBtrial2JJJ.jpg

Looks a little harsh still Ron, but you are at least getting an image.

Enjoy. j23.jpg

yes this toon shader works great,i still need to f around withthe lights but nice jobtoontest.jpg

Attachments

toontest1.jpg

OK…getting a little better hang on it…tried the fiber brush with it after baking…dunno that I like that…takes away from the effect…modeled this head and threw the scene together pretty quickly for trial on different colors etc…I think I may like using this…thnx again…another step forward has been taken…
:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

PissedOffMaleHeadSept28JBtrial234Jjjjjjj.jpg