that's a really beautifull image vlad. great detailing. how did you get the transparency on the wing? no matter how hard i try, i can't achieve transparency in zbrush. also could you post some different angles of the mantis? or maybe some close ups?
the whole picture is beautiful - i like also the stem in the background !
This reminds me of the many, good-old Zbrush posts from long ago. Well conceived, patient execution and follow-through. It glows.
Very nice piece of work
Thank you guys.
_dado- For the trensparency I used the usual way. The transparent part of the wings is in a different layer. In the render pallete Flatten must be turned off. About the angles and close up . sorry I've converted it to pixols.
Svengali - thanks.
wow am glad you reposted this render!! it's much ligher and shows detail (at least on my old tank of a computer) that I had barely noticed before!!
I for one cannot wait for a tutorial from ya!! I only have one question.....does it also come with the patience needed to follow thru on something like this!
Really I can't wait til ya do another so....while I would love to see a tutorial from ya.......I'd rather see your next work!!
Hey vald74, really excellent work with great detail!
Hi guys. Here is a small tutorial I did:
There isn't anything complicated that's been done for this image. I concentrated on modeling, texture painting and shader tweaking.
For the lighting - 1 light was used.
Here is a picture showing the different stages of the modeling.
At stage 7 I separated the mesh(by masking) into 3 pieces for further refining and texture painting. At that stage the mesh was 1 728 512 polys.
For painting and adding small details I used projection master. The textures's size were 4096x4096.
After I finished the the painting I positioned the 3 parts and started on the wings. I combined 2 meshes both created using zspheres. One of them - the transparent one - I put in a diffrent layer.
After I positioned the wings I made the background. The grass I did using fiber brush. For the plant I used zspheres. Then I painted the plant's texture with PM.
After the final render I loaded the image back to zb and did minor changes of the sharpnes and shading.
Very cool bug indeed and nice tut as well.
Well done and thanks for the tutorial.