ZBrushCentral

Raptorex

Hello everyone!

OMG it’s been so long since I last posted here!

Anyhow, without going into mumbling about myself here is my current and latest project, a Raptorex dinosaur.

It is fully rigged with my own muscle system which performs rather well., Well over 200 hrs on this. Now that I am satisfied with the look he or she has its time to animate a few variations of this into some scenery. Detailing and texturing was done in ZBrush. Rigged, posed and rendered in Blender with Cycles…

Comments, suggestions and Critics are of course welcome. Cheers!

Attachments

Raptorex_Feathered_Posed_4K_by_Jeannot_Landry_2018_compressed.jpg

Attachments

Raptorex_Feathered_Posed_4K_by_Jeannot_Landry_2018_compressed.jpg

Raptorex_Feathered_PosedCloseUp_4K_by_Jeannot_Landry_2018_compressed.jpg

Attachments

Raptorex_Feathered_PosedCloseUp_4K_by_Jeannot_Landry_2018_compressed.jpg

Raptorex8_by_Jeannot_Landry_2018.jpgRaptorex_7_by_Jeannot_Landry_2018.jpg

Attachments

Raptorex_7_by_Jeannot_Landry_2018.jpg

Raptorex8_by_Jeannot_Landry_2018.jpg

Here is the final version, with fixed feathers that looks more realistic :slight_smile: no more shiny spot on the tail :wink:

Raptorex_Final_4K_by_Jeannot_Landry_2018_compressed.jpg

Attachments

Raptorex_Final_4K_by_Jeannot_Landry_2018_compressed.jpg

Little Update of my Raptorex in a beach scenery with various Lighting scenarios. I really like the second one! Which ones do you like?
Raptorex_BeachScene_LightingScenario01.jpgRaptorex_BeachScene_LightingScenario02.jpgRaptorex_BeachScene_LightingScenario03.jpgRaptorex_BeachScene_LightingScenario04.jpgRaptorex_BeachScene_LightingScenario05.jpgRaptorex_BeachScene_LightingScenario06.jpgRaptorex_BeachScene_LightingScenario07.jpgRaptorex_BeachScene_LightingScenario08.jpg

Attachments

Raptorex_BeachScene_LightingScenario01.jpg

Raptorex_BeachScene_LightingScenario02.jpg

Raptorex_BeachScene_LightingScenario03.jpg

Raptorex_BeachScene_LightingScenario04.jpg

Raptorex_BeachScene_LightingScenario05.jpg

Raptorex_BeachScene_LightingScenario06.jpg

Raptorex_BeachScene_LightingScenario07.jpg

Raptorex_BeachScene_LightingScenario08.jpg

night one is also great :wink:
really like this composition :slight_smile:

@lukasso Thank you :smiley: I am glad at least one person other then me likes it :lol:

Here are some ZBrush screenshots of the model, I forgot to post them.

Raptorex_ZBrushScreenShot01.jpgRaptorex_ZBrushScreenShot02.jpgRaptorex_ZBrushScreenShot03.jpg

Attachments

Raptorex_ZBrushScreenShot01.jpg

Raptorex_ZBrushScreenShot02.jpg

Raptorex_ZBrushScreenShot03.jpg

Here is the final still image, I think its realistic enough. Now time to animate him in a similar scenery :wink:

RaptorexFinalStill4KCompressed.jpg

Attachments

RaptorexFinalStill4KCompressed.jpg

Fixed grass and dandelions size since the Raptorex was about 1 meter tall. Trying to finalize the overall animation and then I’ll add final effects before rendering it all! :wink:

FinalSceneLookWithRaptorex.jpg

Attachments

FinalSceneLookWithRaptorex.jpg

Added some Depth of Field, made the camera lens wider, applied color correction. Here is with and without feathers. Nearly happy with it :stuck_out_tongue:

FinalScene_noFeatheresRaptorex.jpgFinalScene_wFeatheredRaptorex.jpg

Attachments

FinalScene_noFeatheresRaptorex.jpg

FinalScene_wFeatheredRaptorex.jpg

Added some sort of mountain/volcano
FinalSceneVolcano_wFeatheredRaptorex.jpg

Attachments

FinalSceneVolcano_wFeatheredRaptorex.jpg

Added bugs flying around, felt like something was missing!
FinalSceneVolcano_wFeatheredRaptorex_Bugs.jpg

Attachments

FinalSceneVolcano_wFeatheredRaptorex_Bugs.jpg

Added some light smoke coming out of the volcano, made the bugs smaller and less motion blurred. Here is a shot before and after image composite.

Attachments

Added some trees and tweaked a bit everything :slight_smile:
FinalSceneVolcanoSmoking_wFeatheredRaptorex_Bugs_Ntrees_wComp.jpg

Attachments

FinalSceneVolcanoSmoking_wFeatheredRaptorex_Bugs_Ntrees_wComp.jpg

<body id=“cke_pastebin” style=“position: absolute; top: 0px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow: hidden; left: -1000px;”><button class=“ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle” type=“button” aria-haspopup=“true” style=“color: rgb(101, 119, 134); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 2px 9px; transition: box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out 0s; position: relative;”>
More
</button>

Here is the openGL animated render (real-time viewport) of my raptorex environment :slight_smile:

</body>
<button class=“ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle” type=“button” aria-haspopup=“true” style=“color: rgb(101, 119, 134); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 2px 9px; transition: box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out 0s; position: relative;”>More
</button>

Here is the openGL animated render (real-time viewport) of my raptorex environment :slight_smile:

:roll_eyes:I broke the forum with a GIF lol :stuck_out_tongue: I cannot see page two of this thread, its blank… It is supposed to be a GIF animation of the environment…:lol:

Please somebody from the forum admin, can you please erase the GIF that cause the thread issue? Thanks :confused: