New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Copying and pasting UVs through ZScript

Hi,

I'd like to know if anyone has any clues as to how to copy and paste UV tiles through ZScript, just like UV Master allows you to do. I have read through all of the command reference for ZScript, but aside from Mesh3DGet, no other command seems to reference UVs at all.

Many thanks

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

nope sorry its not possible to cycle from your script to uvmaster and get back to your script process. because your script is no longer reachable so the process just stop and there is no workaround for that.
    But
    you can create a plugin with a dll to directly read the uv data from the object01.obj and copyand write the
    data to the object02.obj file and reload it in zbrush. That's the only way out.
    Plugins & Toolsets for Zbrush 4R8 : zCycler Pro | Plugin Manager |Matiere 3d | Twitter | @Facelessmindz

New Member Follow User Gallery

you can create a plugin with a dll to directly read the uv data from the object01.obj and copyand write the
    data to the object02.obj file and reload it in zbrush. That's the only way out.
    I see, so it is possible to create an OBJ that is only made of UV data. This is for a highly specific situation where the polygroups of one mesh will not be identical to the other's, so I really only want to carry the UVs over, just like UV Master does, in order to conserve polygroups. I will read up on OBJ and then get to work.

Thanks man!