ZBrushCentral

McShane WP

Hi Guys ,

Here are some renders of a portrait exercise I was doing of Ian McShane.
I tried to kept this quite simple and use only Zbrush and Maya for this project . So inspired by Kris Costa I’ve modeled all the details by hand in Zbrush and also painted all the textures in Zbrush (no HD geometry though). The only XYZ texture I’ve used was a micro skin pores displacement used in Noise Maker.
I’ve also tried to practice Xgen on this character from core Xgen to groomable splines to Interactive Groomable Splines.
The head Model is about 20 mil polys in ZB and has only one 8K map for each Colour, Roughness, DISP. It has quite a few Xgen descriptions and loads of hair :smiley:
There are still quite a few things to fix and polish, but I hope you like this stage of the process.
Cheers!

MCShF_med.jpg
andrei-szasz-wip-zb-001a.jpg
andrei-szasz-wip-zb-002a.jpg
andrei-szasz-wip-zb-003.jpg
andrei-szasz-wip-polypaint.jpg
andrei-szasz-wip-027.jpg
MCSh_med.jpg

Attachments

andrei-szasz-wip-zb-001a.jpg

andrei-szasz-wip-zb-002a.jpg

andrei-szasz-wip-zb-003.jpg

andrei-szasz-wip-polypaint.jpg

andrei-szasz-wip-027.jpg

MCSh_med.jpg

MCShF_med.jpg

Stunning capture of his likeness and overall great work on sculpt and texturing. Thumps up! I can´t wait for “American Gods” Season 02 :smiley:

Great work I see, CONGRATIULATIONSSSSS with deeply of my heart :))))) :+1:

Very cool work! The hair looks fantastic!!
Cheers,
Ben | 3D Gladiator

Waow the hand sculpted details are stunning. I saw Kris Costa presentation at the summit and man, that and his work are indeed really inspiring even tho I don’t understand how he does to manage everything with that few amount of sleep :smiley:

Got a question, what engine did you use to render it ? Arnold, Vray or something else ? Skin and hair shader look really great

Great likeness, love the workflow additions
:smiley:

Thank you guys !!! and Thank you ZbrushCentral for the top row !!!:smiley:

@majinsky, it’s Arnold. Thanks !
@locusta, thanks , yeah I can’t wait for the next season, too :D.

Cheers,
Andrei.

Wow amazing likeness, you kept the intensity of the face expression. Fully deserved Top Row!!!

My favourite under rated actor! Great job and likeness.