ZBrushCentral

Extract Thickness

Hello,

I want to create a zscript to modify ~1,600 unique surfaces and give each the same thickness.

I’m starting from a single open mesh and the result needs to be a thickened body with a very specific thickness. I have used the Extract Thicken command with success, however the thicken unit size does not give me the same final thickness from part to part. Is there another option using this tool (or other tool that I can zscript) to get consistent thicknesses across various parts?

Thanks!
SFortner

I don’t know of a way to set a precise thickness - ZBrush tends not to work that way. But you may get better results if your objects are at ZBrush’s preferred size of 2 units for the longest measurement. You could use the Tool>Geometry>Size>XYZ Size slider to set the mesh to this size while you do the extract and then re-size the result.

The Panel Loops feature is good at getting exact thicknesses. The extract feature is based on the size of the largest side of the subtools bounding box, so it will be different for every piece.