Member User Gallery

Hi Jason, I was working on a character and I was having some problems with the feet. So I did some tests this is what I came up with. It's intentionally as simple as I could make it with five poseable toes. Could you let me know if you have a better settup. Cheers

Senior Member User Gallery
    The 'Internet' baby! What wonderful scenery! And the realestate is still cheap...

Hello Hami.

That's pretty good. The only issue that I know of is if you wanted to share the ZTL, it can't go between Windows and OS X Zbrush, due to longtime bug with XYZ coordinates. Other than that, looks great, seems to work as you have some poses. I don't see a twisted ankle motion, so try that as well. Then do some modeling up to level 5 and do those poses all over and you will know for sure.

Great work.

The only reason I haven't done more this way and I have done some foot/hand threads, is the issue where I'm always trying to ensure the results can go cross-platform - which means doiing it without altering XYZ information.
    Jason Belec
    Kiss Your Sister Studios... YEAUCH

Eternal Zsphere thread : 'Origins' begins... : Liquid Maya

Jason can be reached at Cowboy Feng's Spacebar and Grill. If you know where it is, you are indeed privileged. It's your round.

'Obey me! I am ROOT!'

Repite. Sorry.
    Last edited by arlem; 11-23-06 at 11:28 AM.

Hi Jason!

this is my first contribution to this thread. I know that this is not much, but I will continue testing.

I had very troubles with the feet and hands fingers.
    Last edited by arlem; 11-23-06 at 11:35 AM.

Member User Gallery

i made a foot too. if anyone wants to download the foot i made here is the Zsphere myZfoot.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Use your illusion

The 'Internet' baby! What wonderful scenery! And the realestate is still cheap...

Nice work arlem and pixmaker, thank you for showing this thread is still relevant. I need to put some new stuff here soon, been busy on a couple things. Maybe I Atwooki will let me post a few of bits of the character we have been slapping around.
    Jason Belec

Jason can be reached at Cowboy Feng's Spacebar and Grill. If you know where it is, you are indeed privileged. It's your round.

'Obey me! I am ROOT!'

That would be great, Jason.

Default Hello ALL, this community is Superb

Hello folks,

Jason was kind enuff to respond to a thread I asked help on and since he had a very informative and large one going I figured I'd add this here where a lot of very experienced and knowledgeable folks might have something to pass along and since it follows with the thread I think. I've totally read the entire thread and though my head is spinning with all the data I think maybe as i re-read and continue working it will all start making sense.

I'm totally new to working in the 3D genre and applications, figure this program appeared to be a good place to start. Trying to gain insight on how to build models that can be used in other applications. So wanting to be sure the base model follows the necessary rules for that possibilities. Whats a good rule when trying to be sure that the polygons aren't overlapping?

Humanoid4.jpg Humanoid5.jpg

After I messed around with the xyzadjust script on the hands and feet they appear better but I still am just going off my gut instinct without any real concrete know how. I put the tool in the attachment if anyone wants to take a look point out things that I could/should be doing differently. I have yet to use any magnets, not sure if they translate over to other programs well or if I should just try to do without them. Also, if I try to add any zspheres to the current Head structure it becomes well totally deformed, is it adequate enuff to use as a base and to just sculpt the rest of the face geometry after I save morph and add the adaptive skin, adding the facial details as I work up the subdivisions?

Really enjoy this friendly and knowledgeable community, you guys are great!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

This looks like a dubble post, careful. If you want to have another thread, just give us a link to pop over.

We do welcome you here as we hope all the info will help everyone new and senior to the forum.

The best rule for overlapping polys is to look. Sorry, but it's true, and you can always use the smooth tool to help sort it out. They are usually quite noticeable as you will see extra lines between them rather than nice clear square-ish shapes!

Keep us updated, starting well. Remeber to store the morph before doing any modeling.
    Jason Belec

'Obey me! I am ROOT!'

Default Oops

Hi Jason,

Oops sorry about that will make sure next time to just post a link then. Again thx for the tips, this is a great thread. Will post a link when I get more done as I progress.

A little tribute to the foot above. This is a character based on a work in progress by Atwooki, so I won't show the whole character that I duplicated in zspheres yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 6.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	44906  
    Jason Belec

'Obey me! I am ROOT!'

OK, Atwooki said it's OK to tickle this thread with my version of his sculpt. Redone completely as zsphere character and very quickly. Atwooki's is way cooler, but a lot harder to do with zsphere's but I'll post that at a later date.

I had a totally surfer dude image in my head from the beginning and it really worked. Disagree with me at your own peril!!!!!

Picture 38.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 7.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	182.8 KB 
ID:	44971   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 14.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	150.7 KB 
ID:	44972   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 16.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	116.2 KB 
ID:	44973   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 19.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	138.0 KB 
ID:	44974   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 20.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	122.7 KB 
ID:	44975  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 21.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	125.6 KB 
ID:	44976   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 22.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	44977   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 27.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	44978   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 32.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	44979   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 37.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	175.2 KB 
ID:	44980  

Jason Belec

'Obey me! I am ROOT!'

Give him a horn jutting off at an odd angle from the front quarter of his head, make him a bit taller, and then give him lots of filth, disease, flies maggots and other general decay and you've got a perfect plague bearer.
    Long dead links removed...

Hahaha That is so cool!

You don't see naked cyclops surfers that often nowadays

Fidel

* Diary of a VSWIP 2 (Raguel) -updated 10.17.07-

Sorry billrobertson42, no horn, he is horny enough. I have to finish his gal, she is a number, not a 10, but a number! Trust me, this fella stands pretty tall. He's not a zombie! He's got a gal, she doesn't date just any low life surf bum!

elarcano, he's a real man, loves to surf commando! His gal digs it, too!
    Jason Belec

'Obey me! I am ROOT!'

Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 122733343536373839 ... LastLast