ZBrushCentral

Unmasked Center Mesh

Is it possible to script the button on the transform gizmo Unmasked Center Mesh?
There doesn’t appear to be a button path to it :frowning:

Cheers

No, there’s no way to script the Gizmo, I’m afraid.

A short while ago someone asked about being able to hotkey that button. You can’t do that either. The best I could come up with was a macro to place the Gizmo in the center of the screen. That at least means that you then have it within easy reach:

Save the file to ZBrush 2018\ZStartup\Macros\Misc\ folder and press Macro>Reload All Macros or restart ZBrush. There will then be a “Center Gizmo” button in the Macro>Macros>Misc sub-palette.

Note that after pressing the Go To Unmasked Center button you may also want to Alt+click the Reset Orientation button so that the Gizmo is properly aligned with the axes.

Center Gizmo.txt

Does that mean everytime you want fall out of Draw mode into Edit mode the gizmo will have moved from wherever to the centre of the screen?

And yeah, I was planning to add it to a hotkey. I’ll submit it as a request as a feature for next update. :slight_smile:

As always, thanks for your help, Marcus.

No, the Gizmo stays with the model, unless you move it. I made the macro because a user said that often the Gizmo wasn’t visible and he’d have to zoom right out in order to find it. So the macro just moves it to the center of the screen.

I completely missed that in the ZBrush 2018.1 update there is a new button in the Tool>Masking sub-palette called “Go to Unmasked Center”. You can now use [IPress] on that if you want!