Default X-34 LANDSPEEDER (MWC) - Graeme Harvie

I really love the idea around this contest! Saw the previous builds gallery and was amazed to see the creative masterpieces that were built. So many people coming together for a great event. Nice to see the happy faces all around.

This actually might be my first post. I better make it good. It's a daily habit to visit this site and check out the wonderful and inspiring images. Just a simple hobbyist.

Anyway, I'll be working towards creating the ol' X-34 Landspeeder mostly using zmodeler but I did start playing with some of the new tools in 2018. I didn't sketch anything out but really just started playing around with basic shapes and build from there. I'm sure I'll be changing things constantly and trying to perfect the look I want. Would love to complete it on time...I'll do my best not to let you down! Cheers!

Administrator Follow User Gallery

This is going to be awesome.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

This will be real fun for the kid.
    Hope you can integrate some instruments and buttons to press.
    I loved that when I was a kid, long, long time ago

Administrator Follow User Gallery

How's it going? Any new WIPs to share. Keep it going. This would be awesome to see all finished up.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Hi there, thanks for the nudge and asking. I've been tied up with a couple of things and hope to submit more work sometime tomorrow or Saturday. I do want to finish this!!

Well, I looked at some better references to try to get the right proportions. Started from scratch again. Using live booleans but having some issues with the chair subtool. It looks all discombobulated/distorted. Slowly working my way through this. Not as fast as I had hoped...but I'll keep at it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LS_v3.JPG 
Views:	211 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	595224  

Super Moderator Follow User Gallery

Have you tried deleting that SubTool and appending a new copy of it?

Questions about using ZBrush? Check out these valuable resources:

ZBrush Tutorial Movies: Link
    Download Center: (PDF documentation, models, plugins): Link

Online Documentation: Link

ZBC FAQ: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/faq.php
    ZBC Advanced Search:
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/search....st&forumchoice

Hi aurick,

yes I did try to do that but still getting that same result. Placed it at the top as I thought it was being affected by the live boolean. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Working my way through things and taking me a while to do the simplest things!! LOL. Enjoying my time and taking some creative license here.

Name:	Capture4.JPG 
Views:	222 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	595299  

Well, I did try a quick test and the wheelchair subtool seems to have been affected by the live boolean somehow (I did create the boolean mesh and then appended it). Now I am starting to worry about fabrication. I think it's too big and that they may have to add tires to the front and back. Should I really worry about that??

Maybe the larger image is a better scale. What do you think?

Name:	Capture5.JPG 
Views:	208 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	595354   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture6.JPG 
Views:	204 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	595355  

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

good luck on this one. i hope you make it in time.
    about your question. ye! the big picture is better looking scale wise. if you are having trouble with the scale/output, maybe you could do like the "pixo team" and take some artistic freedom and do a more cramped version. well, just a thought.

-r
    rasmus warming
    rasmusw.dk

Thanks. I hope I make it too. After working on some updates, I feel like I want to restart all over again, now that I've seen some issues with it. Noticing pretty lame hard surface stuff that I know I can improve on. I do like how this is turning out overall. Will try to add more details tomorrow. Time is running out!!