ZBrushCentral

Sketchbook - Donna Urdinov

Hi Guys!

In an attempt to share/create more work and subsequently improve I’ve decided to make a sketchbook thread :slight_smile:

This month I’m holding myself to the challenge of sculpting a new study everyday, with themed weeks.
What I’m hoping to improve through this challenge is both expanding my knowledge and observational skill as well as improving speed, workflow, and presentation.

This week’s theme is female likeness, and for the first day I’ve decided to sculpt the model Tashi Rodriguez.
The sculpt and polypaint took me approximately 4-5 hours.

tashi_polyPaint.jpgtashiRodriguez_reference.jpgtashi_greyMatcap.JPG

Attachments

tashi_greyMatcap.JPG

tashiRodriguez_reference.jpg

1 Like

That’s a very good start, continue the good work! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi guys!

Due to some unforeseen circumstances I wasn’t able to keep up, but here’s a couple of heads I’ve made. All were worked on in a 2-6 hour range. Plan to keep them coming

wildWestChallenge_01_donnaUrdinov.jpgbrian_01_donnaUrdinov.jpgaleeceWilsonSculpt_donnaUrdinov.jpg

Attachments

aleeceWilsonSculpt_donnaUrdinov.jpg

1 Like

Hey Guys! I wanted to share something I’ve been wanting to make for ages! I sculpted this body as a part of the Wild West challenge on Artstation and repurposed for this breakdown.

If you want to read the article with more in depth information explaining the images you can check it out at https://80.lv/articles/female-character-production-guide/ also you can find the timelapse of me sculpting the body at https://youtu.be/Ugail2npSyg

Hope you guys find this useful :slight_smile: donnaUrdinovtutorial.jpgdonnaUrdinov_posedViews.jpgdonnaUrdinov_anatomyTurnaround.jpgFemaleBodyCharacteristics_donnaUrdinov.jpgbreastChestAandShoulderBreakdown_donnaUrdinov.jpghipShapeandProportion_donnaUrdinov.jpgkneeBreakdown_donnaUrdinov.jpgproportions_donnaUrdinov.jpgpressureofElasticMaterialAgainstForms_donnaUrdinov.jpgbodytypes_donnaUrdinov.jpg

Attachments

FemaleBodyCharacteristics_donnaUrdinov.jpg

donnaUrdinov_anatomyTurnaround.jpg

donnaUrdinovtutorial.jpg

breastChestAandShoulderBreakdown_donnaUrdinov.jpg

hipShapeandProportion_donnaUrdinov.jpg

pressureofElasticMaterialAgainstForms_donnaUrdinov.jpg

proportions_donnaUrdinov.jpg

bodytypes_donnaUrdinov.jpg

donnaUrdinov_posedViews.jpg

kneeBreakdown_donnaUrdinov.jpg

5 Likes

Nice work.:+1:

Bravo! :sunglasses:

Impressive work - many thanks for sharing! :+1:

Awesome, thanks for sharing : )

Great job Donna. Congrats on top row.

Excellent work! However, I will be seeing cherubs on kneecaps from now on :wink:

Hi Donna, thanks so much for posting a user friendly guide to female morphology. The linked article is also very well explained and easy to read. I do hope to see more of your work here soon.:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

John

Awesome! Very inspiring! I follow Tashi Rodriguez also on IG, it was so weird to see her! Did you show her? She always posts the drawings people have done of her. Love it!

Hey guys!! Thank you to everybody who commented, I hope you found it helpful. I might just make another tutorial sometime soon :slight_smile:

Hey everyone!

I recently rendered out this character I sculpted as a part of the #drawthisinyourstyle challenge that was going around instagram about a month ago.
I usually do more ~serious or dark~ projects, I also feel like I personally haven’t found my “style” or “artistic voice” yet, so I thought it’d be fun to explore something a bit out of my comfort zone while trying to figure out what exactly that comfort zone is.
The drawing this was inspired by is https://www.instagram.com/p/BkujmHUADMH/?hl=en&taken-by=itslopez , I changed up the attitude a little bit to add a bit of edge and character contrast to the overall sweetness and softness of the image. Also changed the sweater style because when I sculpted the original it looked like it was ready to fall off which wasn’t exactly the impression I wanted to leave the audience with.
Anyways, I hope you guys like it :slight_smile:

Sculpted and polypainted in ZBrush, rendered in Marmoset Toolbag 3.

Attachments

adorable!

Very cute and soft to the eye, great work!

Incredible stufff…

Shes so sweet and adorable. You really nailed the emotions and mood of that piece.
Interesting twist - from very stylized concept to something more realistic. Most of times I see the oposit direction in drwaing/sculpting.

Thanks everybody <3 Yeah I think I’m at a stage right now where I want to develop a style that’s between overtly stylized and realistic, simply because I want to get to a stage with more realistic shading and lighting, at which point it’s more interesting to have something with a twist rather than a replica of a photograph. I always feel like with CG, you can literally play god, yet here I am, trying to box myself into the confines of the real world.

She reminds me of Kirsten Dunst somehow.