ZBrushCentral

J.Rampant sketchbook

Gday Z-Peoples, its been a long time coming but i figured id finally get around to starting a sketchbook on here! Ive been lurking in the shadows absorbing all the beautiful work here for long enough, its time I get involved with the community and start sharing stuff somewhere other then facebook cause im getting over that place!

well Im usually not one for saying much, but this being the first post I’ll tell ya a little about myself. Im a 35 year old Aussie who grew up off the grid in the bush playing backyard footy and cricket, collecting bull ants, and drawing the Hulk, my first career was in construction as a rigger, until 2010 when my brother died which was the catalyst for me to take a chance and make art my life. who woulda guessed a couple years later id be working at Weta, so it was the greatest gift I could imagine, so thanks Mark.

Im just posting some old personal work here today to start with but will be tring to keep it updated as we go along. Apologies for some of my lack of presentation skills, I just love sculpting so much I try to keep everything else really simple in my personal time, most of these are just BPR renders. Thanks for viewing and of course comments, critics and questions always welcome and appreciated!

Cheers!

Blunt Thar:
BuckOne2.jpg1124432535.jpggdc_character03.jpg
and a quick mount concept
1hgj.jpg
Nurse Amy:
Amyzzz.jpg
some brute concept,
BRUTE.jpg
Forhallen, the Demon slayer concept
Forhallan.jpgaxehead.jpg
Rok’Soli, Beserker troll
Rok'Soli Pres2.jpgRok'Soli Sub2.jpg
Sketch of my gumpy Pappy
pappy.jpg
Critter concept
sdfsgrhgews4b.jpg
Symbiote
sdfsgrhgewssdf2.jpg
Creature concept
SNAKEmONKEY2.jpg
Games workshop IP ‘Typhus, herald of Nurgle’
TyphusScaled.jpg

Attachments

1hgj.jpg

Amyzzz.jpg

Forhallan.jpg

axehead.jpg

Rok'Soli Pres2.jpg

Rok'Soli Sub2.jpg

SNAKEmONKEY2.jpg

BuckOne2.jpg

gdc_character03.jpg

1124432535.jpg

Welcome to ZBC! Thank you sharing your story with the community, :slight_smile:

Going through the work you’ve attached with this first post was thoroughly enjoyable. I eagerly look forward to your subsequent posts! :slight_smile:

-Sudhan

Thanks @c00kieheart!

some more old works… some really old lol
Balass the proverbial **** kicker

Mounted La’Fardozie, Vulture capitalist
base2.jpg
the Dugan of Wortsguirst
22.jpgqweqewqwe4.jpg
Startled Vamp, ‘bloody hungry’
VampStartled.jpgqweqewqwe3.jpg
Doc Rampantstien, OG Character artist, one of the first piece i ever did.
Doc Rampanstien.jpg
a little bundle of joy
heads.PNG
Amari ‘gold blooded’
Moonlight.jpg
Amari_Greyscale.jpg
ANZAC Diggers sketch
3.jpg
Sci-Fi Pirate concept sketch
spumante_web--400x300.jpg--.jpg
Lads, RIP Sarticus
G3.jpg
1 sketch 4 ways
1q.jpg
Beaked Minotaur, think this was like my second piece so way back, kinda hard to look at now haha.
Demon2.jpg

Attachments

22.jpg

Amari_Greyscale.jpg

Doc Rampanstien.jpg

1q.jpg

3.jpg

spumante_web--400x300.jpg--.jpg

qweqewqwe3.jpg

qweqewqwe4.jpg

1 Like

A great pleasure to see a fine collection of your work posted here.
Greetings and welcome.

Even when in cariacture there’s something of El Greco in your choice of lengthened and stretched forms.
Enjoyed it very much:+1:

Thankyou very much @Boozy glad you liked em! Had to google El Greco as my art history is somewhat lacking but really liked his works too, cheers!!

and the last post of old works, so after this all new ones! yewwww

Like I say a lot of these are just concept sketches, and I really just love starting new projects, which i dont give myself too hard a time about seeing they are coming out of my personal time. Once I can see where its going to finish up I kinda lose interest as it becomes a bit like work from there on. Moving forward I will attempt to start taking them a bit further and put a little more into presenting them since im now actually posting to a forum now, rather then just FB lol. So thanks for bearing with me!

Convict
BallNChain.jpg
Ment to be a bit of a prohibition gangster… should have done the hair at least…maybe one day
16825967_10154950879926031_7450230284575187051_o.jpg
Emaciated Orc.
Jabba.81.jpg
Medusa… made you look
medusa.jpg
Skeleton warrior, this is being taken further for 3d print too.
BACK2.jpg
BACK.jpg
This is a little diorama Im working on, but its been on hold for about a year so it may not ever get finished
sdfsgrhgewssdf3.jpg
Creature Concept
creepingMonitor.jpg
Cookie Monster
BPR_Render1.jpg
Bandet with cool hair, future 3d print POC
charge03243.jpg

Well thats it for old works, I have a few more elaborate works on the go which im kinda hesitant to show cause you lose the wow factor, but that only really works if you ever bring them to a resolved point ey! lol, anyways gotta get back to work, thanks for your time!:D:D

Attachments

16825967_10154950879926031_7450230284575187051_o.jpg

medusa.jpg

BACK2.jpg

sdfsgrhgewssdf3.jpg

creepingMonitor.jpg

charge03243.jpg

BallNChain.jpg

BPR_Render1.jpg

1 Like

Wow man, these are amazing. Can’t pick up my favourite :wink: You nailed everything I love in sculpture - anaotmy, drpery and rythm. Perfect.

1 Like

Top Row worthy in my opinion. Beautiful work! Can’t wait to see more!

1 Like

Again , really nice sculpts.:+1:
The flipside of taking the work to a higher standard of polish is too choose not too and to know why you don’t want to :slight_smile:
I see another kindred spirit of yours here

1 Like

…style! :+1:

1 Like

Awesome work! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

1 Like

Wow, thats a lot of fantastic sculpts in one place : )

1 Like

Amazing work!! congrats on the top row dude! definitely well deserved :+1:

1 Like

Oh wow, top row, thats mad!

Cheers for the kudos guys, greatly appreciated! Boozy your all over it mate! haha

Epic work and gesture.
Great anatomy.
Well done!

1 Like

Terrific work, welcome aboard!!! Looking forward to seeing your new stuff! I dumped Facebook a bit ago, I might consider returning to social media when social media companies become more socially responsible and accountable (excuse the short rant).

1 Like

awesome works!

1 Like

Hi Johnny, your work is amazing! Congrats for changing your career, you must have been really motivated to get to this level in a second carreer! I like your originality, attention to details and incredible talent to give life (and dead :wink: ) to all your sculpts!

1 Like

Great work; thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Truly awesome work…You should have multiple top row if you posted one by one…great work…
:D:D:D

1 Like

hey johnny!
welcome to zbc. i saw your work over at cgfeedback, and wauw! great stuff. really like your gesture work and sense of forms.
keep up the good work. looking forward for more.

-r

1 Like