ZBrushCentral

Art of RIVAL: Crimson X Chaos

Hey Guys! Im Katon Callaway, the Game Director on RIVAL, and am excited to share some work we did for our game! It is a mobile game, but we still wanted to retain a high quality console feel and Zbrush of course helped us a lot with this. We have a great art team and wanted to share with all you guys some of the awesome art that has been made for our game! Arenas and Characters were all sculpted in Zbrush. So here we go!

Gargoyle_landscape_Realtime-min.jpgGargoyle_landscape_Close-min.jpgGargoleFullFront-min.jpgGregor_gamemodel_landscape-min.jpgGregorLandscape-min.jpgVampireLandscape_ingame-min.jpgVampireLandscape-min.jpgGremlin_gamemodel_landscape-min.jpgGremlin_landscape-min.jpgDemonLandscape-min.jpgDemon_portrait-min.jpgBombieZbrush_landscape-min.jpgCreepKingLandscape-min.jpgConceptSculptportrait-min.jpg

Katon Callaway- Game Director/ Part Time Character Artist :slight_smile:
David Viola- Lead Character Artist
Daniel Johnson- Character Artist
Josiah Scholten- Character Artist
Kris Vita - Character Artist
Max Cederroth - Environment Artist

Attachments

Gargoyle_landscape_Realtime-min.jpg

Gargoyle_landscape_Close-min.jpg

GargoleFullFront-min.jpg

Gregor_gamemodel_landscape-min.jpg

GregorLandscape-min.jpg

VampireLandscape_ingame-min.jpg

VampireLandscape-min.jpg

Gremlin_gamemodel_landscape-min.jpg

Gremlin_landscape-min.jpg

DemonLandscape-min.jpg

BombieZbrush_landscape-min.jpg

CreepKingLandscape-min.jpg

Here is some work from Josiah Scholten!

Josiah_Scholten_Explosive_Archer_Action.jpgJosiah_Scholten_Armored_Wolves_Portrait.jpgJosiah_Scholten_Meteor_Hammer_Sculpt_Detail.jpgJosiah_Scholten_Explosive_Archer_Sculpt_Accessories.jpg

Attachments

And some more From Josiah

Josiah_Scholten_Parry_Knight_Breakdown.jpgJosiah_Scholten_Parry_Knight_Sculpt_Details.jpgJosiah_Scholten_Parry_Knight_Landscape.jpgJosiah_Scholten_Parry_Knight_Sculpt.jpg

Attachments

Josiah_Scholten_Parry_Knight_Sculpt_Details.jpg

Josiah_Scholten_Parry_Knight_Sculpt.jpg

Josiah_Scholten_Parry_Knight_Breakdown.jpg

Josiah_Scholten_Parry_Knight_Landscape.jpg

Here is some sweet work from Daniel:`
Daniel_Johnson_Zodiac_Pillar_Landscape-min.jpgDaniel_Johnson_Zodiac_Crypt_Sculpt1-min.jpgDaniel_Johnson_Zodiac_Crypt_Portrait-min.jpgDaniel_Johnson_Tomb_Arena_Sculpt1-min.jpgDaniel_Johnson_Tomb_Arena_Landscape-min.jpgDaniel_Johnson_Stone_Cutter_Sculpt-min.jpgDaniel_Johnson_Stone_Cutter_Landscape-min.jpgDaniel_Johnson_Soul_Binder_Sculpt-min.jpgDaniel_Johnson_Mystic_Sculpt-min.jpgDaniel_Johnson_Mystic_Landscape-min.jpgDaniel_Johnson_Frost_Orb_Sculpt1-min.jpgDaniel_Johnson_Frost_Orb_Portrait-min.jpgDaniel_Johnson_Chain_Trap_Sculpt-min.jpgDaniel_Johnson_Chaint_Trap_Landscape-min.jpgDaniel_Johnson_Arena_Stewards_Landscape-min.jpg

Attachments

Daniel_Johnson_Zodiac_Pillar_Landscape-min.jpg

Daniel_Johnson_Zodiac_Crypt_Sculpt1-min.jpg

Daniel_Johnson_Tomb_Arena_Sculpt1-min.jpg

Daniel_Johnson_Tomb_Arena_Landscape-min.jpg

Daniel_Johnson_Stone_Cutter_Sculpt-min.jpg

Daniel_Johnson_Stone_Cutter_Landscape-min.jpg

Daniel_Johnson_Soul_Binder_Sculpt-min.jpg

Daniel_Johnson_Mystic_Sculpt-min.jpg

Daniel_Johnson_Mystic_Landscape-min.jpg

Daniel_Johnson_Chain_Trap_Sculpt-min.jpg

Daniel_Johnson_Chaint_Trap_Landscape-min.jpg

Daniel_Johnson_Arena_Stewards_Landscape-min.jpg

1 Like

Here is Daves work, our Lead Character Artist

zealots_sculpt_portrait.jpg

golem_gamemodel_portrait.jpg

Attachments

Here is some arena magic from Max!

Ruins_Arnold_1.jpgRuins_Marmoset_1.jpgPrison_Marmoset_1.jpgPrison_Arnold_2.jpgPrison_Arnold_1.jpgBazaar_Arnold2.jpgRuins_Arnold_3.jpgPrison_Marmoset_2.jpgBazaar_Arnold1.jpgBazaar_Marmoset1.jpg

Attachments

Ruins_Arnold_1.jpg

Ruins_Marmoset_1.jpg

Prison_Marmoset_1.jpg

Prison_Arnold_2.jpg

Prison_Arnold_1.jpg

Bazaar_Arnold2.jpg

Ruins_Arnold_3.jpg

Prison_Marmoset_2.jpg

Bazaar_Arnold1.jpg

Bazaar_Marmoset1.jpg

My name is Kristopher “carlobarley” Vita
Here are some Zbrush stuff for the Game Rival!
for the in-game stuff come to https://www.artstation.com/carlobarley

6XPFdJD.jpg

ifqZ8Zz.jpg

8Y9s8E6.jpg

MovCNnd.jpg

aQ8aKn7.jpg

I6hDvPX.jpg

rg1mQYg.jpg

10fUgoQ.jpg

B2kdY4j.jpg

Du9tJNd.jpg

Attachments

6XPFdJD.jpg

ifqZ8Zz.jpg

8Y9s8E6.jpg

aQ8aKn7.jpg

I6hDvPX.jpg

rg1mQYg.jpg

10fUgoQ.jpg

MovCNnd.jpg

B2kdY4j.jpg

Du9tJNd.jpg

Very clean and nice looking sculpts!! I love the style. If you don’t mind, which material are you using?

Thanks Marzalet!

I love the material definition the entire team achieved throughout the models using shape alone - character and environment art alike. Incredible execution and direction!
The final textured images retain and amplify so much of that.

Is all the sculpt detail shown in the clay renders done in ZBrush, then simply baked to an in-game asset? Or is some of that fine modeling detail done while texturing an asset?

Thanks stachmo! We try and sculpt as much as we can i Zbrush and then bake down. The better the sculpt and details typically the easier and more clean your final asset with come out. Usually small details are added in texture like edge wear. Thanks for the compliments! I hope you have a chance to check out the game!

Been playing the game over the past day and it’s gorgeous. Especially love looking at the decks used after a battle. Again - great work!
And thanks so much for the insight on the creation process. It’s very helpful :slight_smile:

Thanks for checking us out!
Adding the Hydra since the character is released in-game

y9JzqGJ.jpg

Attachments

y9JzqGJ.jpg