ZBrushCentral

ZBrush 2018 Has Arrived!

social-zbc.jpg

ZBrush is advancing yet again with the release of ZBrush 2018!

Yet another FREE UPGRADE for all registered ZBrush users, ZBrush 2018 continues Pixologic’s commitment to bringing innovative, workflow-revolutionizing features to the world of digital art.

ZBrush 2018 includes the following new key features:

Sculptris Pro Mode
This major new feature is an enhanced version of the dynamic tessellation system from our popular Sculptris application. It enables the artist to ignore the constraints of polygon distribution and simply – sculpt! Sculptris Pro will dynamically add (tesselate) and remove (decimate) polygons wherever and whenever it’s needed. It actually does this during your brush stroke in a real-time process called Tessimation. This frees you to focus entirely on the look you’re trying to achieve.

Sculptris Pro is the perfect tool for concept artists and creative users who simply want to get an idea formed without worry about things like polygon distribution. It is also ideal for anyone using CAD, point cloud and other imported models without having to first retopologize the model or switch to DynaMesh. It is also perfect for refining a model after Live Boolean has been used, where variation in polygon density and triangulation can be a challenge with traditional methods. Additionally, it allows 3D printing users to edit models which have already been optimized before being imported back into ZBrush for quick edits.

The beauty of Sculptris Pro is that it is a mode that can be enabled whenever you want and is compatible with the majority of the hundreds of sculpting brushes that ZBrush is famous for.

Deformers Extended
ZBrush 4R8 introduced the Gizmo 3D manipulator system which included utilities such as FFD Box, Multislice and several powerful Deformers. In ZBrush 2018 we are increasing this to a total of 27 deformers. Each deformer has a unique feature set to allow quick shape alterations that would not be possible through brush strokes.

Of special note is the new Project Primitive deformer. This gives the ability to use multiple primitives to reshape a mesh, cut into a surface, build up from another mesh and much more. Not only does Project Primitive offer a new, unique way to blend multiple pieces of geometry together it also empowers you to take something as simple as a sphere and turn it into a rocket ship, automobile, plane, human bust, or nearly anything else you might imagine.

PolyGroupIt
This is an entirely new way to create the polygon groupings that are so essential to a smooth ZBrush workflow. PolyGroup It accurately evaluates the surface of a model in real-time, generating intelligent groupings with a single button click. Creating PolyGroups has never been so easy! What’s more, with PolyGroup It you can add or delete, copy & paste, grow or shrink, create PolyGroups symmetrically and even use PolyPaint to trace out exactly what you want your PolyGroups to look like.

Other Additions

• Elastic and Liquid options for Curve Mode.
  • Insert Meshes can now be rotated or smoothed along a curve.
  • Equidistant Mesh Duplication using the Gizmo 3D.
  • Remember Draw Size and Dynamic Mode for Brush options.
  • New PolyGroup by Normals option.
  • Increased output size for 3D Print Hub.
  • Snake Hook brushes for use with Sculptris Pro.
  • Option to save Startup Default Material.
  • Tessimate can also be used as a stand-alone feature, outside of Sculptris Pro.
  • OBJ Import will now accept color vertex information.
  • QuickSaves can now be saved to any hard drive.
  • New Activation and License Management System, powered by our My Licenses web portal.
  • All licenses are now dual platform for both Windows and macOS.

ZBrush 2018 is being released in the English, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese (Simplified), Korean, German and French languages.

To learn more about the new features, we encourage you to visit our Features pages and also to watch the tutorial videos in the ZClassroom.

And of course, here is the full live stream presentation so that you can watch it again and again. :slight_smile:

*The presentation begins at 30 minutes.

Free Trial
Test drive the world’s most advanced digital sculpting solution.

With the ZBrush 2018 free Trial you will have unlimited use of all the features found in ZBrush 2018 and complete freedom to evaluate how it can fit your needs as an artist. There are no watermarks or feature restrictions of any kind. However, this free Trial may not be used for commercial or other for-profit purposes.

This Trial version requires connection to the internet every time it is launched. It will function for 45 days. To continue using ZBrush after the conclusion of that time you will need to purchase a license.

Start your ZBrush 2018 Free Trial today!

Upgrading
As stated above, ZBrush 2018 is a free upgrade for all registered ZBrush users. Simply log into your My Licenses page to upgrade your license(s). Just follow the instructions on that page.

A Pixologic ID is required in order to upgrade to ZBrush 2018, download it and also activate your software. This Pixologic ID works across on our My Licenses, Store and Support sites.

Please note that our Pixologic ID system is relatively new so make sure to follow these instructions:

• If you have previously used My Licenses, you are good to go as soon as the upgrade becomes available.
  • If you have not used My Licenses before, you can prepare for the upgrade ahead of time by ensuring that you have a Pixologic ID. The easiest way to do this is to try to reset your password using the same email address that your ZBrush license is linked to. This will either let you do so or it will give a message that no account exists, in which case you will have the option to register. When registering, be sure to use the email address associated with your ZBrush license.

Either way, once you log in at My Licenses you should see your ZBrush serial number(s) and be able upgrade.

Note: Registered users who have never upgraded past ZBrush 3.5 are still eligible for a free upgrade but cannot do so through My Licenses. Please submit a Support ticket for assistance with this upgrade.

Note: Floating licenses are now available. They must be upgraded through a Support ticket. My Licenses will not work for floating license upgrades. Click Here for more info.

*Note: Cross-platform add-on licenses are not eligible for upgrade. They are no longer needed because ZBrush 2018 licenses are automatically dual-platform. Nor can they upgrade as stand-alone licenses due to the fact that they were originally purchased at a steep discount. Only the original ZBrush license may be upgraded for free.

New Purchases
For the first three weeks following the release of ZBrush 2018, new licenses may be purchased at the current pricing of $795 USD. On April 18, 2018 the price of ZBrush will be increasing to $895 USD. (Academic pricing will also increase – please consult with your academic reseller for specifics.)

This change in price will also affect the costs of upgrading from ZBrushCore to ZBrush, as well as upgrading an academic license to a commercial license.

Please do not post questions in this thread. We have created a Questions & Troubleshooting for ZBrush 2018 thread for that purpose.

Thank you to everyone who has supported Pixologic through your use of ZBrush! The many innovative ways in which you use our tools continue to inspire us on a daily basis.

Happy ZBrushing!

It’s fantastic. I am in awe. Thanks a lot, Pixologic, for making my sculpting life a lot more exciting, and for free once again. Amazing! :+1:

THANK YOU Pixologic!!!

This is amazing. Well done. I look forward to trying it tomorrow. Any changes to speed, number of polys available, that kind of thing? Any updates to Zremesher? Can’t wait to play.

Sometimes I don’t know I need a feature until you guys add it in. So, yeah, these will work VERY well. Thanks guys! for keeping it a free upgrade again too…much appreciated!!

I’d JUST purchased the full license to zbrush so I was worried this would be a paid upgrade, or transitioning to a ‘live service’ subscription thing, but this being a free update is such relieving news!

19 years of free upgrades so far!!! I think that the first time I tried ZBrush was version 1.23b back in 1998 or 1999 though the claim is that 1.55b was the 1st release. I remember Stevie Rae was one of the 1st artists I followed on this site!!! Thank you Pixologic for the continued love!!!

So many things to love

OUTSTANDING TODAY! This is incredible news.

Wow…just wow Pixologic!! The new features simply look amazing. Thanks for all you do. Can’t wait for tomorrow!!

Woohoo. Can’t wait to make ears easier. Fingers as well… good going guys oh and. Btw love the new masking system in place. The older. Versions. We’re. More of. A pita to get tris masked and such. THANK YOU :smiley:

Will the sculpting ‘feel’ more like Sculptris, though? Sculptris brush felt better at doing the job of natural sculpting than Zbrush ever did. If things translate across properly then I will totally be 1000% happier with Zbrush.

Paul
(mix_mash)

28th is here :slight_smile: what time we can start downloading ?

ZBrush 2018 will be unleashed upon the world at 11 AM Pacific time, which translates to 8 PM in the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg and France. I’m counting down the hours! :):+1:

Hi, longtime user here (since 3,5) and always up to date untill now. many thanks.

But I try to re-register - seems I have to - and that Registration code always gives me a message it is incorrect.
I tried the two combinatitions I can deduce but to no avail.
This is frustrating, really.
my fault?

There is no registration code, so you’re apparently following the wrong instructions (such as trying to re-use your old CD Code for ZBrush itself?). You need to create a Pixologic ID. Go to Pixologic.com >> Get Help >> My Licenses. Click the “No Support account? Click here to create one” link. Then register on that page. So long as you use the same email address that your licenses themselves are registered under, everything will sync up and you’ll be ready to go.

Wow! Looks great as usual. And free again as well, I only payed for v. 4 back in 2010.

Thanks a lot, you’re spoiling us :slight_smile:

Wow another amazingly worthwhile update. I’ll be home from work tonight in time for the download session.

Christmas came early!

Great job on the launch presentation guys that was a lot of ground to cover.

Astounded to see you haven’t just released new features but effectively whole new applications within the application itself. Amazing work and vision from all involved- just stunning.

Looks great! I wonder if they will offer an offline licensing option for studios that don’t allow artist workstations to be connected to the internet.

Yes. ZBrush 2018 supports offline activation. See https://support.pixologic.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/235/66/activating-zbrush-2018-offline-single-user-and-volume-licenses