ZBrushCentral

What drawing tablet do you recommend me for digital sculpting?

Heey guys, i’m new to digital scuplting and zbrush i started learning 2 months ago and I loove it!
Im currently using the wacom intuos draw, its my tablet for small retouching work, it was good to get started using zbrush but its not practical at all for this task, im looking to buy a new tablet i posted my question on knevv and got a couple of suggestions:D:+1:
http://www.knevv.com/questions/95482000-1f8a-11e8-a2c5-13e3fd774f6e

I thought I would also ask here since this is where scupltors at :sunglasses:

Thanks.:smiley:

Intuos 5 Pro medium with the wireless adapter purchased as well. Had 2 intuos 4’s and one of them died, the other had problems on the tablet disconnecting and reconnecting. The 5 I thought died but instead of using a usb cord (since it caused problems) I figured get the wireless adapter as well.
using my 12.9 iPad for sketching and using my computer for illustrator/InDesign/Photoshop and 3d(because all of the 3D modeling software on IOS suck big time).
good luck.

I thought i might start a new thread about my experience with the XP-Pen Artist 15.6 Pro and ZBrush.

The pen doesn’t need charging and there is an plastic tablet stand that I like.

it almost the same Technical specifications with wacom cintiq pro 16 besides Touch options . its stylus support pen tilt function , with 8192 levels of pressure sensitivity . I can now use pen pressure and pen tilt in photoshop and corel painter .

it has 15.6 inch IPS Screen , 1920 x 1080 (16:9) FHD resolution , 88% of NTSC is roughly equivalent to 120% of the sRGB color gamut. 5080 LpI.

I’ve had the Pen Display Monitor for over a week and I can honestly say I was very impressed from the start. I ordered mine from XP-Pen official Store and it took to weeks too arrive (New Zealand). The monitor was triple boxed with two Masonite boards and hard polystyrene protecting it from both side and surrounds! more details : https://www.xp-pen.com/goods/show/id/394.html

When unboxing it came with a well presented pen case with a spare pen. Plus a artist glove and all necessary cables.

Before plugging in, I uninstalled all Wacom products (Bamboo) as I read that the drivers interfere with each other. Downloaded the latest driver from the Huion website, and up and running!

My custom ZBrush interface was almost correct from the start, I just needed to adjust the UI button sizes. The double tap function works perfectly (I’m sure they updated the driver) and the side buttons are easily customized.

The only con I have come across is that… My right hand sometimes touches the buttons on the right side!

I hope this helps anyone looking into getting a XP-Pen Artist 15.6 Pro.

Hey,

I just got the Artist 12. I love it for Sketchbook Pro and Photoshop. Started playing with it with zBrush.

Not sure how I should setup the 6 left config buttons.

Do you have a recommendation for a setup?

1 Like

Hello! I also got the artist pro 15.6 and I have to admit that it’s awesome! I have a question about button configuration! How do you configured them?

Thanks for the help!

Max