Kris!!!!! It has been awhile.
    Goodness, this sculpt. Every image has a little more detail that I didn't see the first time. (Capillaries on the bridge of the nose)

New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Incrível

Simplesmente incrível cara, demais! Os detalhes das rugas nos olhos, a expressão... incrível.

abs

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Solid as always Kris! Keep on rocking!
    Best regards mutte
    My ZBC sketchbook / Z4beta thread
    My ARTSTATION
    BLOGSPOT
    freelance cg sculptor/creature designer

Spectacular and inspiring work Kris, congrats on the Tow Row!!!

Such lovely work, Kris. You have been an inspiration for some time. Hope you enjoy your vacation, I have a few questions for when you come back:

Have you seen Kazu Tsuji's portrait of Mr. Smith? http://kazustudios.com/dicksmith/ If anyone created a work that rivaled this one, I'm not surprised that it is you.

Do you have any tips or advice for sculpting the kind of skin pore detail you see in the philtrum area of your Duchess character? https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets...jpg?1497553804 There is a lot of complexity to these pores and I'd be grateful to learn how it is done.

Speaking of details, do you have any tips for preserving high frequency detail when using SSS in Arnold? I haven't had the chance to use the new random walk version, but in the past I have found it difficult to achieve the level of SSS back scatter effect I want without losing visibility of fine skin details.

Finally, would it be possible to provide some insight into your texturing techniques for this portrait? So many nice details and color variations in this project.

Thank you very much for taking the time to look at my questions, and for continuing to share and inspire with your work. Cheers!

Knocked me on my ass!!!!
    Great!

Default this is

Eye-candy!

And yes, lookalikes are never finished
    never stop and keep going!!!

Congrats,

René
    Love & Peace

wow wow wow.. I didn't know such realism was even possible.

Default wow wow wow.. I didn't know such realism was even possible.

wow wow wow.. I didn't know such realism was even possible.

Takeaway for ALL ZBrush enthus : No Photoshop, Allegorithmic, MARI, Mudbox, 3D Coat or any thing outside ZBrush

Everything you see is 100% "hand-crafted", meaning no photos, scans or commercial alphas were used, other than reference photos from the web, "opened on a second monitor", to avoid any type of tracing as well. All textures were polypainted by hand using HD geometry mode.

Takeaway for Pixologic - you guys need to ramp up comparing to well ... to your own standards. You guys seem to be slacking.
    HD geometry mode (my favorite ZBrush feature by far... please, develop it further, Pixo!!! )

Expecting to see "Game Changer" stuff in the coming Mar 27 th Live Stream Presenation.

Amazing, fascinating. I'm completely curious how you made the eyes, the cornea, the eyelashes, well all of it! Please explain this if you have time.

Absolutely gorgeous work! Just outstanding.
    "Whoever controls the media, the images, controls the culture." - Allen Ginsberg

Simply breathtaking Kris! I'm sure Dick would have been incredibly impressed by this.

My hands are getting tired picking my jaw off the floor. This is the epitome of photo-realism. Top notch work!

Great work as always Kris. Just when I thought iv seen the best in this area of art you go and do this lol, incredible. Thanks for setting the bar so high, and sharing your art.

Dan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast