ZBrushCentral

Ludo (Labyrinth)

Hi guys!

I wanted to share my early progress on a sculpt I am working on. It’s Ludo from the Henson classic, Labyrinth.
IMG_20180305_210813_921.jpg

More coming soon!

Attachments

IMG_20180305_210813_921.jpg

He is a great character.
Looks good so far. Can’t wait to see more.

Thank you very much! Yeah, all of Jim Henson’s stuff is amazing :slight_smile:

Here’s a quick (and very rough) test of Ludo(Jim Henson’s Labyrinth) in motion. Most of the stuff is still super early stages and the fur is just a placeholder.

There’s way too much stuff happening in the brow, and too little elsewhere in the face, but still…he’s coming alive!

Sorry that it’s so short, but I’ll render out longer footage when he’s actually done :slight_smile:

https://youtu.be/dNc82OSfN6Y
Test (0-00-01-20).jpg

Attachments

Test (0-00-01-20).jpg

Finally happy with his body proportions :slight_smile: Trying to make him look as much like the screen-used suit.

Not going to lie, hairless Ludo is pretty scary :slight_smile:
Ludo_Proportions.jpg

Attachments

Ludo_Proportions.jpg

I did a quick, full-body test rig :slight_smile: The ears are all messed up and I haven’t touched the tail yet. Also, there’s no real secondary and overlapping action…but…Ludo walks! :slight_smile:

I did a bunch more hair and fur work :slight_smile:
Side3.jpg
Side.jpg
Side2.jpg
Back.jpg

Attachments

Side3.jpg

Side.jpg

Side2.jpg

Back.jpg

Some more Ludo progress. I’ve added some color, reworked the fur and rendered him in KeyShot.
LudoZBC.jpg

I did a very quick render test in KeyShot (sorry for the noise and lighting instability) to get a sense of what he’d look like under some more refined lighting conditions.More to come very soon!
https://youtu.be/B9Pj3e0LuJw

Attachments

LudoZBC.jpg

Done with the shader setup (Keyshot) for all of his shaders. Back to Zbrush to his secondary and tertiary forms as well as skin detailing :slight_smile:

Done with the shader setup (Keyshot) for all of his shaders. Back to Zbrush to finish detailing :slight_smile:

Ludo_Dudo.jpg

Attachments

Ludo_Dudo.jpg

Head is done :slight_smile: Moving on to the horns, hands and feet :slight_smile:
Ludo HDZBC.jpg

Attachments

Ludo HDZBC.jpg

I love, love, love the dynamic tessellation features of Sculptris Pro in Zbrush 2018. It’s so easy to get crisp and clean detail now! Still working on those hands. I also went back into the face to crisp us some of that detail :slight_smile:
Ludo_Update.jpg

Attachments

Ludo_Update.jpg

I’m going to call this one done!

Ludo from Labyrinth, modeled and textured in 3ds MAX and Zbrush. Rendered in 3ds MAX :slight_smile: This is a single-pass render at a lower res. WIll render a higher quality version over the weekend :slight_smile:

LudoRenderHQZBC.jpg

Attachments

LudoRenderHQZBC.jpg