ZBrushCentral

Script line that I can add to my start up macro that will expand the Subtool palette?

I would like to have my subtool palette be expanded or open upon start up.
I have a start up macro, and I would like to add to it to do the above.
I tried to record a macro button press for this sub palette to see what the comand would be
however it did not record.

Any way to get the sub tool palette open at start up ?

Thanks

Hi Susan,

You can try:

[If,[IExists,Tool:Subtool],[IClick,Tool:Subtool]]

However, this may not work. You will need to have a PolyMesh selected in the Tool palette because there has to be a Subtool sub-palette to open! So it will depend on your other startup macro code.

Thanks Marcus ,

I always start Zbrush by opening up the same starting project I use that has a few subtools in it.

But I guess a the point the start up macro runs there is no sub tool present yet, even if opening a project that contains sub tools. Because I tried to add in the line you suggested at the end of my start up macro, and it did not open the subtool palette when I opened Zbrush.

I initially followed your instructions from another post to; edit the DefaultZScript to to automatically play a start up macro when ZBrush launches: //startup[If,1, [IPress,Macro:Macros:Misc:StartupMacro]][pd]

Here is what my start up macro is, it just hides the menus and turns off Local pivot, and it works fine, but as mentioned I also wanted it to also open the sub tools palette.

//ZBRUSH MACRO - Recorded in ZBrush version 4.8
[IButton,???,“Press to run this macro. Macros can be aborted by pressing the ëescí key.”,
[IShowActions,0]
[IConfig,4.8]
[IUnPress,Menus]
[IUnPress,Transform:Local Transform]

]

I thought that maybe if I made subtools present at the very moment the macro is being executed, it would work so I tried to add a line just above the line you gave me [If,[IExists,Tool:Subtool],[IClick,Tool:Subtool] that would open a tool (Test) that had subtools, but still no luck?

[IButton,???,“Press to run this macro. Macros can be aborted by pressing the ëescí key.”,
[IShowActions,0]
[IConfig,4.8]
[IUnPress,Menus]
[FileNameSetNext,“C:\Users\Sue\Desktop\Test TOOL.ZTL”][IPress,Tool:Load Tool]
[If,[IExists,Tool:Subtool],[IClick,Tool:Subtool]

]

Hi Susan,

That should work OK but in the code you posted you’re missing a bracket at the end of the code line I posted. This code below works OK for me:

[IShowActions,0]
[IConfig,4.8]
[IUnPress,Menus]
[IPress,Tool:Polymesh3D]
[If,[IExists,Tool:Subtool],[IClick,Tool:Subtool]]

]//end macro

Yes ! All is good now, thanks again for all your help.