ZBrushCentral

Why might I be getting a Cant find interface item error ?

I have a macro that includes a line that selects a brush, I am creating several versions of this macro, and just changing the brush name in this line:

[IPress,Brush:My CLAY BULID] My CLAY BUILD is a custom version of the ClayBuildUp brush.

The macro is working fine for all the brush names I substitute in this line.

However with this one custom brush My CLAY BUILD, causes an " cant find interface item "error.

I have checked all the spelling of the name, and all the brushes are in the same Zbrush folder, and show up in the main brush palette. So nothing seems different about this one custom brush except that the script when run with this one brush gives me that error.

Any ideas I can try to get this brush to work in the macro?

Thanks

Bulid?

The latest build.

Hi Susan,

Doug’s pointing out that you’ve spelled BUILD as BULID in your post. :wink:

There are really only two things that could cause this error in this case:

1. The brush isn’t loaded. (But you’ve stated that it is, so it can’t be that.)
  2. The brush path in the [IPress] command is incorrect.

I suggest you record a new macro of you just selecting your custom brush. Save it and test it to check it works. You can then open the macro text file in Notepad and copy the relevant [IPress] line to your other macro.

HTH,

Oh, I see, Yes thanks Doug, I can be a bad speller at times, so when I was originally checking the problem brush I did check the spelling and also renamed it. Nothing seemed to work.

So I recreated the brush from scratch and then it worked.

I did notice while doing this that my original ZB clay build up brush, had some how changed its icon to the icon image I created for my custom clay build up brush, so I reloaded that original ZB brush from a back up.

I notice now, and I am not sure if this was there before that there is a ? mark in the brushes icon upper right corner what does that mean? Thanks.
brush icon.JPG

How can I solve this?ERROR

I have the same problem

Hi @Mohammad_Borzouei and welcome on ZBC.

You are not providing any useful information that error depend of the script you are running, so without the script no one can help you.
Is It a recorded macro ?

Please create a new topic and post the adequate information so we can help you.

Best regards,
Nicolas

1 Like

Thanks for answering @facelessmindz

Actually I’ve several macros, UI design, custom brushes, hotkeys, materials, plugins, that always transfer them to new ZBrush every time I upgrade, but after transferring them to 2021.6 from 2020, I’ve faced this annoying error each time I launch ZBrush,
I also have checked them one by one, delete each of them, use no macros, default UI/ without my custom brushes,

but still have the error.
:pensive:

err

Hi @Mohammad_Borzouei,
Well If even after removing all customized aspect of your ZBrush installation, then you should, uninstall it to reinstall it properly. If it still happen then join the support center and start a new discussion.
I can’t to guess what that error come from, so next time you should customize your installation, it would be better to add the content gradually, restart zbrush and add more macro test, them etc
 it will help to narrow down the issue and the macro involved.

Hope it Helps,
Nicolas

1 Like

Thanks Nicolas, Yeah , I should reinstall it so clean and test every folder from the beginning!

Sorry for Necroposting but I thought this might help others who run into the same message that ‘susan’ had and figured this would be the best place to post a possible fix as this is the first post that pops up when I googled to fix my issue, albeit in my case when picking a tool from the tool pallet in 2022.0.5. I have a feeling this fix might apply in both cases in some form or another, although I can’t be sure.

In my case I had installed zBrush on a new system and applied the same script, it worked on the old PC but not the other. It turns out that the old PC had a larger subTool visible count, by default (probably something I had setup on start up sometime ago, and had forgot about). My script therefore didn’t require any scrolling but the new PC only had a visible count of 4 so when it got to the 5th append and import, I got the “can’t find interface item” error.

To remedy this I just added an [ISet,Tool:SubTool:Visible Count,10] near the beginning of the script and before the import of the 5th subtool.

I’m guessing ‘susan’ might have run it to a similar issue with the brush not been visible or it requiring some scrolling maybe.

Anyhow, I hope this helps others, it took me quite a while to figure out my issue as I would have thought the script wouldn’t require scrolls to find a named subtool but it seems it does!

Cheers