ZBrushCentral

snapshot image size

Excuse me, for the “snapshot image size” option (Draw >> modifiers)
Can I use a script to generate over 2048 images?
For example 4096.

Thank you very much.

I doubt it but why don’t you try?

Because I do not know too much about the script, so I will ask questions.

PS:Software default maximum is 2048,
Details will be blurred

I recorded a macro, tried to make changes, it seems this is the software limit.

I think you’ll have to create your own images. If you create a document of 4096 x 4096 and then position the model how you want you can use Texture>GrabDoc to copy the image to the Texture palette and then load onto the Grids from there.

Yes, marcus.

I’ve rendered the image like this before and output it, but because images generated with this approach are not automatically generated by the software.

PS: I did not need this feature when I was making it. I was teaching it to students after I finished it.
Software-generated images correspond to each other in all axes. So I almost do not have to change, you can use it after saving

If I generate images manually, I need to adjust the position and dimensions of these images in the image editing software,

Adjust directly in the ZBrush software, the process is more complicated. Even in the image editing software processing, the process is not fast.

So this is also why I asked.

Thank you very much for your reply.

It would be possible to script at least some of what you want. I will take a look when I have time but I shall be too busy for a week or two.

Well, I’m waiting for your good news. :smiley:

Thank you very much! :+1:

Any news?:smiley:

Sorry, I’ve been really busy. Hopefully I will get a chance later this week.

Here you are.

To install:

1.Unzip to your Desktop and open any folder created by the unzipping.
2. Copy the GridSnapShot.zsc file and the GridData folder to the ZBrush 4R8/ZStartup/ZPlugs64 folder.
3. Restart ZBrush.

You will then have a new sub-palette called “Grid SnapShot” at the bottom of the Draw palette.

Set the image size in the Grid SnapShot>SnapShot Image Size slider.

Press the Grid SnapShot>Create Files button to create snapshot files of the current model. These will be saved to the GridData folder and named “front.psd”, “back.psd”, and so on.

To apply the images to the grid, press Grid SnapShot:Apply. Some of the images will probably not be applied but they will be in the Texture palette, so you’ll only need to click on the relevant grid button and select them from the pop-up. (I couldn’t find a way of all images always being applied!).

Code is in the zip, if you want to experiment/modify.

GridSnapShot.zip (4.81 KB)GridSnapShot.zip (4.81 KB)

Thank you very much! A few days ago was busy, I downloaded it today and try it.:smiley: