Question compatibility of zscripts on PC and Mac?

Are there any PC/Mac compatibility issues for zscripts?

I have a plugin that renders a series of images from a timeline. Pretty straight forward. I render to a specific folder on the C drive, but for Mac users, I export into a folder inside zBrush. Here is an example:

[IPress,Movie:TimeLine:Go Next]
    [IUnPress,Draw:Perspective]
    //[Note, "Rendering Front View (ORTHO)",,1]
    [IPress,Render:BPR RenderPass:Render Best Preview]
    [If, mySystem == 0,
    [FileNameSetNext,"C:\_Rendered_Images\tpose_front.P SD"][IPress,Document:Export]
    [FileNameSetNext,"C:\_Rendered_Images\tpose_front_M ask.PSD"][IPress,Render:BPR RenderPass:Mask]
    , //else export to MAC path
    [FileNameSetNext,"ZBRUSH_\ZExportImport\_Rendered_I mages\tpose_front.PSD"][IPress,Document:Export]
    [FileNameSetNext,"ZBRUSH_\ZExportImport\_Rendered_I mages\tpose_front_Mask.PSD"][IPress,Render:BPR RenderPass:Mask]
    ]//end of If command

Works great on a PC, but when a Mac user tries running the scripts, it doesn't work. He gets an error:

"FILE WRITE ERROR
    Sorry, the disk space is critically low. Pleas clear more disk space... and cilck OK to resume"

He has over 100GB free and whenever the error occurs he has to force close the application because no matter what he does this message keeps popping up.

He's contacted zbrush support about it previously and gotten no real solution other than suggestion to reinstall, which he has done. I've searched google and found a similar situation with the error popping up with GOz

http://www.versluis.com/2014/10/how-to-fix-insufficient-disk-space-error-for-goz-in-zbrush/

He tried this solution, but it didn't work- when he uses GOz, Maya launches nothing was imported into the scene and my plugin still won't render anything. He has no problems manually rendering the same images- it just isn't working with scripts (or macros).

Anyone have any ideas what could be going on or if there's a way to work around this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2018-01-17 17.45.39.png 
Views:	214 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	579703  

Moderator Follow User Gallery

There's no reason why your code shouldn't work on Mac OSX. The most likely explanation for the error you are seeing is that there is no folder called "_Rendered_I mages" in the ZBrushOSX 4R8/ZExportImport folder. You can get that error when there's a bad path. ZBrush won't create the folder if it's not there.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Thank you.

I am going to have him record rendering and saving out to that path and send me the .txt to see if there is anything funky in the pathing. If it all looks good, then it must be something in his installation or his system that's making things go sideways.

Appreciate your time- I've picked up a lot from your posts here.

New Member Follow User Gallery

After some additional back & forth it was determined that it was indeed a pathing issue. He was creating his renders folder inside 4R7 by mistake and running the script from 4R8. Once folder was in right place, worked perfectly.

Moderator Follow User Gallery

Great, glad you've solved it.