ZBrushCentral

aeskawa-ART

This is a personal project I made. The goal was to try a fast workflow using less softwares as possible. Only Zbrush for sculpting, details and hand painting the textures, Photoshop to calibrate the textures, Maya/V-ray for rendering and Ornatrix for hair. I used AlSurface from Vray as skin shader.
I used the alphas from Texturing XYZ directly in Zbrush. I know it is limited in definition and microsurface but I am ok with the result. At first it was only a test ^^’
I finally made a quick facial rigg and make him a better face for the presentation.
I hope you like it guys !
Cheers !
duc-phil-nguyen-008.jpg
duc-phil-nguyen-007.jpg
duc-phil-nguyen-006.jpg
duc-phil-nguyen-004.jpg
duc-phil-nguyen-001-002-003.jpg

Attachments

duc-phil-nguyen-001-002-003.jpg

duc-phil-nguyen-004.jpg

duc-phil-nguyen-006.jpg

duc-phil-nguyen-007.jpg

duc-phil-nguyen-008.jpg

1 Like

This is a personal project of the Joker from the Killing Joke comic book.
The workflow was basicaly the same except the face texturing, I used projection from photos and completed it in Mari.
I sculpted a blocking it in Zbrush from a basemesh and projected alphas from XYZ for details. There is no rigg on him, just a blendshape for the other expression.
Rendered in maya/Vray. The hair was made with Ornatrix and global texturing in Substance Painter. I used Marvelous for the clothing including the hat.
The main objective was to represent the Joker from Allan Moore’s “The Killing Joke” comic book as a realistic character without denature the original design. It was very challenging to make him more disturbing/creepy/mad and not ridiculous. I used a lot of references from particular actor faces to make his expression credible. . It is not perfect but I am happy with it.
I hope you will like it !
duc-phil-nguyen-joker-final-image.jpg
duc-phil-nguyen-joker-angle-01a.jpg
duc-phil-nguyen-joker-angle-01b.jpg
duc-phil-nguyen-joker-shader.jpg

Attachments

duc-phil-nguyen-joker-final-image.jpg

duc-phil-nguyen-joker-angle-01a.jpg

duc-phil-nguyen-joker-angle-01b.jpg

duc-phil-nguyen-joker-shader.jpg

He is one of my favorite video game character. At first I was playing with a portrait of Liam Neeson I did in Zbrush. Then I decided to push it a little further and make a final character.
I will finish the liam neeson portrait one day.
I made his clothes in Marvelous and his hair with Ornatrix. I used texturing XYZ for his skin details. I projected the skin texture in Mari. The asset texturing was made in Substance Painter and rendering in Maya Vray.
I put a little simple rig on this guy. Made him a cool pose and corrected them in zbrush.
I hope you’ll appreciate it !

Cheers !

Attachments

1 Like

Awesome!!!

Badass as hell!!! :slight_smile:

As far as realistic Goukis go, yours is top notch!

Well Done!

Cheers,
Paul
(mix_mash)

Really awesome work sir! :smiley:

thanks guys =D

Top Row for sure!

fantastic! well done!

HIGHLY inspiring, and surely will be on the TR. Great job!:+1:

Thanks for your support guys !
For the moment it is rather unnoticed in here :lol:

Congrats on Top Row. Well deserved! Keep 'em coming!

I withdraw what I said previously ^^
Thanks so much !
I withdraw what I said previously ^^

TOPROW DUde!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Very well deserved Top Row!

Yey ! thanks Dilister !

very nice work :+1:

very nice! Awesome job!

thanks guys ! :smiley: