ZBrushCentral

IMac Pro?

Hi! I have a iMac 2013, which works well with ZBrush, but needs to be upgraded. The new iMac Pro is amazing (!!!) but i’m not sure I can really justify such a wonderful 5k toy. From what I understand, for ZBrush, we need fast CPUs, preferably with multiple cores, lots of RAM and ideally SSD, but the graphics card really is not a factor. Obviously, the kid inside me wants the biggest, and best, and space gray iMac Pro, but my left brain is telling me I’m just fine with a tricked out iMac. I also shoot RAW camera files, and do a bit of GoPro video editing, but these are all hobbies, as is ZBrush. Thanks! Amber

The full ZBrush system requirements are listed at http://pixologic.com/zbrush/system/

So long as you are within the Recommended requirements, there really isn’t a need for most users to upgrade. At the end of the day, if ZBrush is doing fine for your needs, there is no need to upgrade your hardware – at least not for the benefit of ZBrush.

There are also tips at the bottom of that page regarding what hardware plays a role in ZBrush performance and why.

I hope that helps!

Dear Aurick,

Thanks for the link - it reinforced that I don’t need the Pro - but its been nice to consider it!

All the best,
Amber

Hi, I would advise you to buy iMac Pro. Recently, I had the same choice in front of me and I did not regret my purchase!