ZBrushCentral

Masks Series

I am starting a new series of images, this time I will be creating a series of stylized girls with cultural inspired facial paintings.

The first of the series is called La Calavera Catrina

La Calavera Catrina (‘Dapper Skeleton’, ‘Elegant Skull’) is a 1910–1913 zinc etching by famous Mexican printmaker, cartoon illustrator and lithographer José Guadalupe Posada. The image depicts a female skeleton dressed only in a hat, her chapeau en attende is related to European styles of the early 20th century. She is offered as a satirical portrait of those Mexican natives who, Posada felt, were aspiring to adopt European aristocratic traditions in the pre-revolution era. She, in particular, has become an icon of the Mexican Día de Los Muertos, or Day of the Dead.

LaCalaveraCatrina1K.jpg

1 Like

Here is the second one: AfroPrincess

The last weeks were marked by two very serious cases of racism in Brazil. In one case, a public denouncement, from a public person that has been ridiculed by many people who think that being discriminated against and still complaining about it is pure whining, in another, a blatant absurdity of racist offenses in social media so outrageous that feel almost fake, unfortunately of course, it was not. And just a month ago a brand literally throwing in the toilet a motto of transformation of black causes, “Black is Beautiful” to promote a black toilet paper… I was always a little naive to think that in a country with so many colors, racism was not something really present … a common misconception for those who do not feel the burden of such discrimination.
Here is a piece of work I was doing a few days ago and which coincidentally seems pretty relevant right now, because black is truly beautiful.

African_002_Post2K.jpg

Attachments

African_002_Post2K.jpg

4 Likes

Just Beautiful!!! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1: <3

Holly cow! That’s just awesome and truly beautiful, I agree with you!

Aweeeesome works !!! the color of your texture looks really great !!!

…beauty! :sunglasses:

Rest the giraffe necklace dependence! :o

Really well done. I have some questions regarding the textures, specifically the paint on the faces. How were they created, and what rendering program did you use?

Fantastic work man! congratulation!

So cool!!! Love your work!!!

Amazing!

Thanks for the feedback guys!

The painting was done in substance painter and the color, glossines, specular and normal bumps exported from there!
I create d 3 layer blend material in 3dsmax and Corona Renderer, one for the skin, one for the painting and one for the gold painting

Absolutely beautiful work!

best!!!

Just beautiful. Love the sculpt and material.

Final picture it’s amazing! You are really well done!!:wink:

wow these are fantastic, well done!