ZBrushCentral

Bizarre XYZ Coordinates Behavior

I’ve turned ZBrush into a Rhino Grasshopper plug-in, essentially, by making little Python nodes that create snippets of Zscript that I then assemble together in a sequencer and the ZScript then opens temporary files as subtools. ZBrush comes up briefly and then I force background it to get back to Grasshopper.

I tested ZSpheres too though, which Zscript allows you to move around and add child spheres to after you script interface actions to create a a fresh ZSphere in a subtool. However, coordinates from Rhino, normal XYZ coordinates for as simple cube mesh turned into wires that I make each vertex become a separate ZSpheres tree reaching out to the middle of each line, depending on where I move my 20x20x20 unit cube in space, even +10 in X, the side of the cube comes quashed down like it’s hitting a wall and maxing out.

Do I need to scale down to 1/10th or stick within +/- 1 units from 0,0,0?

Indeed if I scale down from a 20x20x20 cube to 1/10 that, I can then safely move it +3 in X, the equivalent of +30 before. So I guess this is workable, to just stay small in Rhino.

Moving +30 in X:

OK, staying within one or two units of the origin works:

However, it’s kind of slow watching the interface bug out as it pops up the pane to add the original ZSphere. Can I add that Sphere 0 as a Subtool via ZScript directly? Seems I can only add child spheres. I’d hate to try to fill the cube in in full 3D since it would take forever just to add the spheres.

Attachments

Bizarre-Coordinates-B.jpg

Moved-30-in-X.jpg

Big-Cube.jpg

Big-Cube-B.jpg

Yes, you have to work small with zspheres. I don’t remember the details but too large and everything gets squished together.

To start with the root zsphere as a new subtool, simply append it:

[If,[IExists,Tool:ZSphere],
[IPress,Tool:SubTool:Append]
[IPress,“PopUp:ZSphere”]
]

I’m not familiar with Rhino but that looks an interesting use of ZBrush.

You can suppress the “Delete SubTool” warning messages using IKeyPress:

//IKeyPress of 2 will select the second option of the dialog popup.
[IKeyPress,‘2’,[IPress,Tool:SubTool:Delete]]

In this case you need to use single quotes.