ZBrushCentral

Mr Merlot

Hi!
This is my latest 3D print from a character created by Wouter Tulp for the sculpting class at Zbrushworkshops.com with the best mentor ever Mike Defeo Mentored.
It was an amazing experience to learn from such talented people!
Printed with my Form 2, Total high of the statue 180mm, hollowed to reduce resin cost, wall thickness 1,5mm, and it used 168ml of resin including supports, not bad at all for such a big figurine!
Renderer in 3ds Max 2017 with Vray
Thank you for watching!
Matias
https://www.artstation.com/mediaramas
https://vimeo.com/mediaramas

IMG_5486.JPG

13.jpg
IMG_5491.JPG
IMG_5485.JPG
IMG_5490.JPG
statue01.jpg
7.jpg

Attachments

IMG_5485.JPG

IMG_5486.JPG

IMG_5490.JPG

statue01.jpg

7.jpg

13.jpg

IMG_5491.JPG

hahaha… really fun character…
great info about the print and nice outcome aswell.

looking forward for more from you.

-r

Hi!
This is my latest sculpt based on a concept by wonderful Anna Cattish!
I call it “PIssed off Dudette”
Modeled in Zbrush, rendered in 3dsmax with V-ray

https://www.artstation.com/p/3zrno

Thanks!
Matias

Cattish_08.jpg
Cattish_07b.jpg
Cattish_09.jpg
Cattish_10.jpg
Cattish_11.jpg
Cattish_12.jpg
Cattish_13.jpg
Cattish_14.jpg

Attachments

Cattish_08.jpg

Cattish_07b.jpg

Cattish_09.jpg

Cattish_10.jpg

Cattish_11.jpg

Cattish_12.jpg

Cattish_13.jpg

Cattish_14.jpg

Amazing work. She’s too cool. So much attitude and style. Great!

this is really cool … nice one mate

Thanks a lot John!!

Great sculpts! Very animated with lots of character to them! Congrats on making the top row! :+1:

Very nice work, Love the style =D

Ha, ha, ha… the butt crack, way funny, can’t stop laughing. Cool sculpt.

Thanks a lot Guys!

This is my latest project, I Love Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson, so I wanted to give it a try to see how they would look in 3D. It is surprisingly difficult to achieve the likeness from every angle on such simple characters! You can navigate the scene with the Marmoset viewer in Arstation at https://www.artstation.com/artwork/xRQ01!
Sculpted in Zbrush, rendered in 3Ds Max with Vray, I made the Fur with the Hairfarm plugin.

Thanks for watching!!
Matias

test_07.jpg
Sculpt.jpg
test_11.jpg
test_12.jpg
test_08.jpg
test_10.jpg
test_09.jpg

Attachments

test_07.jpg

test_11.jpg

test_12.jpg

test_08.jpg

test_10.jpg

test_09.jpg

Sculpt.jpg

amazing girl, I´m in love with that lovely hip!

amazing!!! And I confirm, the simple it looks, the difficult it is to reproduce!

Thanks Guys! yes, every style has its own challenges, It´s like the more complex, full of textures and ornaments the thing is the more profesional or difficult it looks, I think that is totally unfair, since when doing realist stuff you ground your shapes, textures, etc in reality and it is just a matter of imitating what already exist. I think it that is more a techincal merit rather than creative.

I am planning on working this HeMan I started a while ago, I will try to come up with something more human like with detailed textures and anatomy, but I will keep him cartoony, let´s say 50% 50% not sure where this is heading to yet…

ZGrab04.jpg

Attachments

ZGrab04.jpg

Hi, I have just finished a new model based on Chabe Escalente beautiful ilustration, after Zbrush I started using substance painter for textures which is F*** Amazing! then I sent it to my printer Form 2, Any advice, critic, comments are more than welcome!
Thanks guys!

IMG_5786.JPG

Attachments

Looking great. I love your sculpting and printing is great as well,
but why did you printed the last figure as a single piece? Isn’t it better to cut a figure a bit? - for future cleaning and quality.

Thanks! Yes, it is better to cut it into pieces to better hide the support points but since I did only one copy I preffered to print it just the entire piece and then expend a few more time sanding the piece by hand

Yes, I agree with Nebular, you should have split in multiple part your figurine before preparing your files in Preform. With multiple parts, it’s easier to define where supports will be and make the post process and cleaning easier.