ZBrushCentral

Vector Displacement export, UV layout problem

I am having some problems exporting vector displacement maps. ZBrush doesn’t seem to respect my UV layout.

I’m using a simple 1x1 plane.

At higher subdivisions, there is a cone on the plane.

The UV layout is pretty straightforward. The borders of the plane go all the way to the edge of the 0-1 space.

The problem is that whenever I export the VD maps it doesn’t respect the UV layout. It looks like the information was scaled down to one third the size.
ZBrush_VD_Problem.05.jpg

The resulting render in Maya looks like this (plus I’m getting a black edge around the base)
VD_Arnold.01.Rn.01.jpg.jpeg

I tried exporting displacement, just as a test. It gave me this weird result…
ZBrush_VD_Problem.07.jpg

I don’t know what’s going on! :o:confused:small_orange_diamond:(:angry:

Any ideas? I wonder whether the fact that I’m using just a single polygon at the lowest subdivision level is causing the problem. My reason for this is that I’m trying to create a tiling Vector Displacement map that can be applied to any surface, so I’d like to work with something completely flat (ie. a plane) at the base level.

Thoughts?

Attachments

Alright, so I managed to find a tutorial that does exactly what I want. It uses the Texture > From Mesh option to create a vector displacement map from mesh.

My only issue now is how to change the map export size? The From Mesh option seems to only allow resolutions of 513x513.