ZBrushCentral

Death Note, Netflix - Concept Art

Death Note - Ryuk concept artMy concept art of Ryuk for the Death Note Netflix movie adaptation ! Absolutely love the anime and I was really honored to be able to work on this iconic character ! This was one of the final versions I did with #tinsleystudio #adamwingard #lightyagami #kira #movie #anime #godofdeath #ryukomatoi

Death Note_Ryuk_V4_F_web.jpgDeath Note_Ryuk_V4_F_web_2cl.jpg

Attachments

Death Note_Ryuk_V4_F_web.jpg

Death Note_Ryuk_V4_F_web_2cl.jpg

Just watched it with my son, thought it was a cool show (interesting concept- had never heard of ‘Death Note’ till it was advertised on Netflix). Your sculpt of Ryuk came out very cool!! I was reading that it took basically four folks to bring Ryuk to life, Willem Dafoe (voice and ground work for the facial CGI), Jason Liles (a 7 foot physical performer), Randall Cook (Oscar-winning VFX artist), and Adam Wingard (Director). They did a cool job with the character. Thinking about it, man, you ALONE put some work into this… AWESOME!!!

Loved the anime but haven’t seen the Netflix version yet.
Hehe, I saw Ryuk in the thumbnail on Netflix and immediately thought of the Green Goblin. He’s just different enough from the anime to look like Defoe.
Great job.

Here more Concept Art I did for the movie
Death Note_Ryuk_V2.jpgDeath Note_Ryuk_V4_Full Body_C_2_WEB.jpg

Attachments

Death Note_Ryuk_V2.jpg

Death Note_Ryuk_V4_Full Body_C_2_WEB.jpg

Sweet!!

so freaking awesome.

Freaky! (I likey):smiley:

Awesome work man…!!

Congrats on TR!!

Brilliant!