Senior Member Follow User Gallery

hey Marcus there's a new issue that arises when i use the script.

the transpose brush turns into 'transposeSmartMask'

anything you can do to fix this?
    available for freelance
    PORTFOLIO

Moderator Follow User Gallery

Hi pabgo and kestas,

Yes, I've now updated the plugin to correct the TransposeSmartMask error.

Thanks,

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default very very annoying dynamic brush size

So now we need a custom plugin to do something that Zbrush did before by default, why? I don't understand it. Plus it is an extra step every time I run Zbrush.

Anyway, it should be turned off on all brushes by default and let the user choose to turn it on for a specific brush and not the opposite. It is useful for detail brushes like stitches and lines but there is no reason to have it on for brushes like smooth, mask, selection and all the other brushes for that matter. it is just annoying and distracting.

If Pixologic wants to shovel dynamic brush size down our throats at least do it right and give us the options.

Suggestion: Dynamic brush size should go back to be a toggle for all the brushes and each brush should have its own dynamic size override (which should be off by default).

Thanks
    .:. Henrique Naspolini
    .:. 3D Character Artist

Portfolio online
    ZBC Thread #1
    ZBC Thread #2

New Member Follow User Gallery

yeeeaaah I kind of agree with the comment above. Having the dynamic brushes saved like this is slightly annoying :/ especially when working on models that aren't scaled correctly and brushes need to have dynamic turned off.

Is anybody else noticing different behavior with trim brushes? Trim Front, Trim, etc..

For the trim brushes, it seems as if the zscript isn't turning off dynamic and there's an odd behavior when pressing shift/smooth, which increases the brush size, seemingly to the size it was set using a non-trim brush. Let go of shift and it shrinks again.

Just me?

By the way, fantastic zscript and thank you so much for making it!

henriquedw & TheKesslerEffect,

I feel your pain - I have updated the plugin with a new "Save All Brushes" button. This means you can set up the brushes exactly how you want and then save them so that they are that way each time you start ZBrush.

Bob Savage,

Thanks, I'm glad you find the plugin useful. Are you still getting the Trim brush behaviour? It does sound like Dynamic is not getting turned off but I've not experienced what you describe.

Hi Marcus,

I decided to start using zbrush as-is to see if I can get used to it but the last time I used the script, it did exhibit the same behavior. Perhaps it's something specific to my setup?

Actually now that I'm thinking about it. Does your script also turn it off for the brushes folder in the zstartup folder? Maybe that's where it's missing brushes (that just occurred to me so could be wrong)?

I decided to start using zbrush as-is to see if I can get used to it but the last time I used the script, it did exhibit the same behavior. Perhaps it's something specific to my setup?

Actually now that I'm thinking about it. Does your script also turn it off for the brushes folder in the zstartup folder? Maybe that's where it's missing brushes (that just occurred to me so could be wrong)?
    Hi Bob,

The script does check the BrushPresets folder in ZStartup as well as ZData, so all brushes should be taken care of. I'm at a loss as to why you are seeing this problem but presumably it is something to do with your setup. Certainly if you can get used to the new way then that is the best solution.

Thanks,

Hello... I think I've found an issue... When using the script all my Trim brushes change to slice brushes and even the icon changes... I get this msg and I can't use the brush as I normally would.

Hi Ed209,

Thanks for pointing that out and I'm sorry for the problem. I've corrected the plugin but you'll need to restore the TrimAdaptive/TrimDynamic brushes from your backup.

"Unzip the zip file and open any containing folder created by the unzipping. Copy the DynamicOffAll.zsc file and DynamicOffData folder to your ZBrush 4R8/ZStartup/ZPlugs64 folder and restart ZBrush."

Hi

Where can I find DynamicOffData folder, It was not contained in the zip file provided.

I did the rest of step, but to button show up in Zplugin menu.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by alshakno
    "Unzip the zip file and open any containing folder created by the unzipping. Copy the DynamicOffAll.zsc file and DynamicOffData folder to your ZBrush 4R8/ZStartup/ZPlugs64 folder and restart ZBrush."

Hi

Where can I find DynamicOffData folder, It was not contained in the zip file provided.

I did the rest of step, but to button show up in Zplugin menu.

Oh blimey, sorry about that. Download again, I've renewed the zip file.

Now works perfectly.
    Thanks for the fast reply, now I can sleep in peace.

Thank you very much for this plugin!!

Member Follow User Gallery

Awesome thanks for the fix, I'll try it today.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12