Moderator Follow User Gallery

Default Useful small ZScripts and Macros for ZBrush 4R8

This thread is intended as repository for useful small zscripts, plugins and macros for ZBrush 4R8. The thread is a continuation of the earlier thread for 4R7 here.

Sometimes there's a simple zscript solution to a problem or need that may not warrant a major plugin but will none-the-less be useful to users. If you have written such a zscript, plugin or macro please share it here so that users can easily find it and benefit. Thanks!

Index

Dynamic Off/On All Brushes and Save All

Fit Canvas

Toggle Left Tray/Toggle Right Tray

Dynamic Brush Toggle

Brush Draw Size - store/restore

Curves Helper - create curves from ZSpheres

Default Dynamic Off/On All Brushes

This is a small plugin for turning off/on Draw Size Dynamic mode for all sculpting brushes.

Unzip the zip file and open any containing folder created by the unzipping. Copy the DynamicOffAll.zsc file and DynamicOffData folder to your ZBrush 4R8/ZStartup/ZPlugs64 folder and restart ZBrush.

You should have two new button called Dynamic Off and Dynamic On in the Zplugin>Misc Utilities sub-palette.

To use the plugin, first make sure you have a model in Edit mode, then press the button you want. The plugin will take a short while to run through all the brushes.

Note: for technical reasons the plugin resets to default the Smooth, Select and Masking brushes.

Save All Brushes - a new button is added in the latest version. This will save all brushes with their current settings so that the settings are there at the start of each session. So if you want Dynamic mode off permanently then press the Dynamic Off button first and then press Save All Brushes. Individual brushes can be set to what you want before pressing the button.

***Important Notes***

* The plugin overwrites the brush files in these two folders:
    ZBrush 4R8/ZData/BrushPresets and ZBrush 4R8/ZStartup/BrushPresets
    Make sure you make a copy of both these folders to a safe location so you can restore them if you want.

* ZBrush saves the current Dynamic mode state for the Standard brush with the configuration. This means that you need to store the configuration (Shift+Ctrl+i) after setting and saving the brush. Otherwise ZBrush may start with Dynamic on for the Standard brush even when it has been saved with it off!

Download here: DynamicOffAll_05.zip

Change log:
    version 05 - Oct 17 2017 - corrected save error for standard Trim brushes
    version 04 - Oct 2 2017 - added Save All Brushes button
    version 03, Sep 3 2017 - updated to correct TransposeSmartMask error

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

good looking out Marcus
    the hero we deserve and need
    available for freelance
    PORTFOLIO

Default Thank you

Thanks Marcus, your knowledge & help is much appreciated.

Great Work!

Thank you Marcus, you are a lifesaver.
    That change was almost the last straw in my frustration level.
    Your foresight in getting it fixed so quickly is amazing.
    nope...
    I don't know what I'm doing but I'm doing it anyway.

Member Follow User Gallery

Thanks for the script! Latest brush P2 update drives me nuts it's so frustrating having to turn off dynamic size for all the brushes individually. I have one issue though, after I press Dynamic Off everything works fine on all the brushes except the transpose, it changes the way transpose masking works
    Can somebody try this and confirm so I know if it's my zbrush or the script?
    Start zbrush try masking something with transpose then press Dynamic Off, after it finishes try masking with transpose again

Hi kestas,

The plugin skips the Transpose brushes, so Dynamic is left on for those. (I don't think Dynamic affects Transpose but a may be wrong.) I'm not seeing any difference in behaviour. Could you post a screenshot?

thank you so much for this, I was slowly loosing my mind with dynamic option.

Ago
    marcus_civis,
    I tested it again on different subtools and it appears to be happening on one single ZTL, the rest of the time it works fine so its probably something with my zbrush or that particular file
    But yeah I want to thank you again for this little script And I hope pixologic brings back the old dynamic size brush behavior or at least gives an option to turn it off

Thank you very much.

Default Fit Canvas

This macro will resize the ZBrush canvas so that there is no border line (which some people find distracting).

Save the file to the ZBrush 4R8\ZStartup\Macros\Misc\ folder and press Macro>Reload All Macros. There should then be a new button called "Fit Canvas" in the Macro>Macros>Misc sub-palette. Press the button to resize the canvas.

Fit Canvas.txt

Default Thank you

I was being driven insane by Dynamic brush inconsistency between brushes and Zmodeler and Smoothing brush. I have never been so frustrated by ZBrush, my beloved creative tool. Thank you Marcus. I hope this is a temporal glitch. This can't possibly be a feature.

Default Toggle Left Tray / Toggle Right Tray

These macros will toggle the left and right trays open and closed. These can be activated by mouse clicking on the macro button or binding the macro button to a hotkey.

Save the files to the ZBrush 4R8\ZStartup\Macros\Misc\ folder and press Macro>Reload All Macros. There should then be new buttons called "Tray Left" and "Tray Right" in the Macro>Macros>Misc sub-palette.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Brush Dynamic Draw Size Toggle

This macro will allow you to easily toggle the Brush Dynamic Draw Size On and Off as you would toggle Lazy Mouse. For best use bind this to a Hotkey!

Save the file to the ZBrush 4R8\ZStartup\Macros\Misc\ folder and press Macro>Reload All Macros. There should then be a new button called "Dynamic Brush Toggle" in the Macro>Macros>Misc sub-palette.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Thank you Piggyson

Thanks a zillion! This will help a great deal!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast