ZBrushCentral

The cosmonaut who found himself with a black hole and let himself be carried

I have composed this illustration, using as reference an old drawing, using ZBrush 4r8 for the modeling of the character, Terrain Tools, for the landscape, Keyshot for the render and Photoshop for the final touches.

This new version of ZBrush makes it very easy what seems complicated.

I love this. It tickles my sci-fi heart.

Of course you do, Spyndel, how you miss classical science fiction. I’m looking forward to seeing you again, Interstellar.

This is the reference drawing I used to make the illustration, an old Cover for the book “Martian Chronicles” by Ray Bradbury, which was not edited and I used for a compilation of sci-fi comics titled “Dystopia.”

Referencia.jpg

The lights inside the suit are five spheres placed inside the suit in KeyShot as lighting, with the material “diffused light area”. The mountains are made with the Terrain Tools plugin, from ZBrush.

Luces.JPG

Modelo.JPG

Terrenos.jpg

Modelo_2.JPG

Attachments

Referencia.jpg

Modelo.JPG

Terrenos.jpg

Modelo_2.JPG

Ilustración para una novela de ciencia ficción. Modelado con ZBrush, renderizado en Keyshot y postproducido en Photoshop. Aún no la veo terminada…

Illustration for a science fiction novel. Modeled with ZBrush, rendered in Keyshot and postproduced in Photoshop. I still don’t see it finished…

Robot.jpgRobot_2.jpg

Esta antigua ilustraciĂłn al Ăłleo me sirviĂł de modelo.

This ancient oil illustration served as a model for me.

Robot_Ă“leo.jpg

He añadido algunos elementos pequeños …

He añadido algunos elementos pequeños …

Robot_5.jpg

Creo que la doy por terminada.

I think I’m done with it.

Algunos retoques…

Some tweaks…

Cosmonauta.jpg

Attachments

Cosmonauta.jpg

10_(W)