ZBrushCentral

Automating decimation master

Hi all,

My studio wants to automate several processes, including decimation master, in a button press. I’ve got all the other steps automated but decimation master.

Is there anyway that you can incorporate decimation master into your zscript? I dont have 4r8 on my machine so I dont know if that has any upgrades to this plugin.

Can you call plugins from other plugins(if I make my zscript a plugin)?

If you cant not directly press decimation master buttons in your zscript does anyone know how to mimic the steps decimation master takes?

You can’t call plugins from zscript or other plugins and have the control pass back at the end of the operation. And commands such as [FileNameSetNext] won’t work with plugins either.

So I’m afraid you can’t do what you want directly. It would need an update to the plugin code.

Thanks for the info. That’s frustrating as Decimation master is such an essential plugin nowadays. Is there a way to pass a group of commands to Decimation master? As in I want it to preprocess and decimate. I’m fine with it then if it does return to my original script.

There isn’t at the moment. But I’m looking into what can be done about it.

Hey Marcus, just doing my yearly checking on this. I noticed in another thread you mentioned clicking mouse locations via a script… I wonder if we could do the same for decimation master, uv master and fbx export.

I’m hoping hard that Pixo are quietly changing to Python scripting and all plugins will expose an interface we can send commands to!