ZBrushCentral

loading a .dll

I see that the Z2 zscript commands has a file execute command to execute .dll files and was wondering if anyone knows if that would be zbrush sdk dependent or if one could make a .dll independent of zbrush that would work within zbrush.

am wondering at the moment if it would be possible or if one would need to write the .dll to work with current zscript commands which… well …I guess I can wait for the goodies to come out. I hope I communicated my thoughts here ok as I know what I am thinking but but am too tired to know for sure if I am typing it out right. Arrghhhhhh.

Anyways any heads up or laughs at me would be appreciated.

Hi aminuts,
i have tried (some months ago) to write a DLL with Delphi with few luck…I stopped to play around because Pixologic told to us that the new info will come shortly…
I’m waiting…zzz…zzzzz…zzzzz

ciao

cameyo

hehehe I believe I remember a post from long ago by you about when it would come…and yeah I won’t hold my breath with ya waiting!:smiley:
As much as I appreciate everything Pixologic does and all the cool stuff z2 has, and really appreciate the idea of perfection before releasing (as a former craftsman I appreciate it alot) hehehe I still have a hard time waiting:rolleyes: ! Kinda like a kid on xmas eve, I am.

Did you try to write a stand alone or incorporate zscriptcommands within your delphi code? or both? haha…and none quite worked?

If I may ask…what were the walls you ran into?

Hi aminuts,
The problem was the method to pass the parameters…and the way to write the entry-point…
I try to (reuse) write a DLL and call its functions from script.
The DLL works perfect with other language (C, VisualBasic).
I am waiting for more answers from Pixologic…but this is my 1000th posts and i don’t want to bore more…

cameyo

p.s. i love your works;)

Congradulations on your 1,000 th post :D:+1:

Wow Congrats Cameyo on your 1000 posts, and I have to say your posts do not bore!! They are usually very informative and enlightening and when you post your scripts, they are most useful!! I am quite happy to have read 99% of them!

Thanks for answering my question!!

Congrats Cameyo on your 1,000 post!