ZBrushCentral

Huion or Genius digital tablet compatibility

Greetings,
I wish to buy a digital tablet but I have limited financial resources to do so. I looked into Wacom but they are overpriced, if affordable then small and they come with a bunch of useless software I won’t ever need.
So I checked on Genius and Huion and found the latter more appropriate for my needs. The Huion service desk told me it is compatible with ZB, but they wish to sell me so I figured I ask it here as well. (I haven’t asked the Genius service yet)
So anyone here using a Huion tablet? if so, does it work well? What are your impressions? Anyone using a Genius tablet?
Thanks in advance.

Hey!
I actually have 2 huion tablets and I use both with no problems in zBrush / ps / substance painter / maya . I started with the h610, it’s priced around 50-60 bucks with shipping but has 2k resolution on pen pressure. Because i’m a goof though I broke screw on the pen so i figured since that one worked pretty great, I’ll look into a better model from huion, so I went with the wh1409 the large one. The surface on it was really good and smooth and for me it was a plus that it was wireless because I have a standing desk. Sadly I had problems with the wireless after a while and the battery seemed to just die to fast, some of the touches didn’t work as well sometimes so I dropped completely the wireless mode and went with cable for it and dont have any problems from since then. I stopped using the rechargeable pen as well because it seemed it had problems too.

So in short that’s my experience with it. Although I did have a few issues, if you dont use the wireless you’ll be fine. Maybe get an extra pen or two just to be sure. Keep in mind that all this where done for less than $200 and two tablets.

3D art student here, after some reasearch with my classmates and professors, XP-Pen Graphics Tablets are about as good as Wacoms without the price tag. They are heavier (pretty much a second monitor) but you can get something twice the size of the smallest wacom for half the price. and it works well with ZBrush .

My 21.5" IPS pen tablet Monitor XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro was about ~$550 . 1920x1080 resolution , 16.7M color , 78% Adobe RGB color gamut . 8192 levels of pressure senstivity .

In that case, what’s the drawback? There’s gotta be a catch, no? Otherwise, Wacom would go out of business.